Sign in to follow this  
ronaldmeaux@me.com

Pagelines Framework 2.0 Nav Color Control

catrina
The Color Controls for navigation aren't there anymore. Custom CSS will be needed to change them. Can you please post a link to your site and describe the navigation color changes you want?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

The test site is myhealthmedicalhome.remedypoint.com. We are still playing around with the colors and I'm not sure what the final ones will be. I'm really just looking for the code to possibly change each of the key elements: font/background unselected, font/background when hovering, font/background once selected, border underneath the entire nav bar. I picked up one bit of code from another post for the font but I couldn't find anything else. Sorry to see the nav color tools gone. The labels were poorly described but the tools were good.

Rob
Ronald, The following code is not specific to your site and provided for informative purposes only, to provide an example of several different elements for the menu. Look through it and you'll see how colors are changed. I'd also suggest you get Firebug for Firefox to help you find each element. The colors should be changed if you use any of this, to suit your needs. [code]/* NAV BACKGROUND AND BORDER UNDER NAV */ .navigation_wrap { border-bottom: 1px solid #bcbcbc !important; background-color: #e8ecef !important; } /* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND (NO HOVER) */ .main-nav li a { background-color: #e8ecef !important; color: #3f95c7 !important; } /* TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAV TEXT AND BACKGROUND ON HOVER */ .main-nav li a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important; } /* TO MAKE THE ACTIVE MENU APPEAR LIKE THE REST */ .main-nav .current-menu-item a, .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a:hover { background-color: #ffffff !important; color: #ff9c00 !important; } .main-nav .current-menu-item ul li a { background-color: #e8ecef !important; color: #3f95c7 !important; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dharmagate
i was never a big fan of the color controls in 1.5 pro, but to take them out completely is an interesting choice in the newer version. can't help but wonder why they chose to do so?

kgstew
With over 25 different color options in Platform Pro we decided to simplify the color controls in the 2.0 Framework. The new color controls now dynamically change the tertiary elements that had options with Platform Pro. The best way to control the small color details is with CSS which gives you unlimited control over how you customize the options. Stay tuned for store plugins that will allow you control specific elements of your page.

kashanti
If I may put my two cents in here, it would be better to have the font color and sizes for the nav, body text, and category settings changed without css. The whole point of wordpress is to make it easy to build a site without knowing code. This is taking me a heck of a lot of extra time, I'd rather be using toward the content of the site. Instead I'm looking thru forums on how to control colors and font sizes for each section. its annoying.

cadmin
Agree 100% with Kashanti. 2.0 should have at minimum a control over bold font, color and size. The visual quality of my nav has diminished with this change unless I engage someone regarding CSS.

cadmin
Further - Internet Explorer utilizes my secondary color, not my primary color in the main Nav... Likely an issue with IE but does anyone know how this can be fixed (obviously via CSS).?

Michael Paul Henderson
No kidding! Agreed cadman! Really, an advance in the "framework" with simplifying color choices. Every time I think Pagelines has "code-free" site design licked, I empty my wallet for them and end up feeling twice as let down. Buyer beware.