Sign in to follow this  
chasenet

Alter banner height

chasenet

Is there an easy way to shorten the banner height? I did search bust most entries seemed to relate to Platform Pro rather than the framework and those I did try didn't do the trick. Apologies if I missed an existing answer, if there is one please point me at it. I'd like to lose some of the white space above and below the logo here: http://www.englishstandard.co/ Thanks. ASh

kastelic
Here is the CSS as it is currently on your site. You can adjust the numbers by pasting this in Custom Code -> Custom CSS . [code]#branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 20px 24px; }[/code] Try this: [code]#branding .content-pad { padding: 10px 20px 14px; }[/code]

chasenet
OK I tried that but nothing changes at all. I've left your "Try this" code in place. Any suggestions as to why that didn't work? Thanks.

Rob
Try this: [code]#branding { padding: 10px 20px 14px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chasenet
Thx. I'm afraid that does absolutely nothing. So I changed it to padding: 0px; That's made the banner very slightly less deep (24px presumably) it could do with losing another 20px. - is there a way? Is the hook interfering by any change?

kastelic
You currently have [code]#branding .content-pad {padding: 16px 20px 24px;}[/code] which is applying 16px to the top, 20px to the sides and 24px to the bottom. Try changing the 24px to 0

chasenet
I didn't have that, I had (if you mean in my custom CSS): #branding { padding: 0px; } I tried removing that adding what you suggested to my custom CSS and nothing changes. I removed the google ad hook in case that was interfering - no change. I also tried changing the 10 to 0px and the 24 to 0px - and again no change. In fact nothing seems to change it at all... so I have removed all custom code relating to the banner. I suppose I'll have to live with it - but would have preferred to have had an extra 40px or so for content. Thanks for trying anyway.

kastelic
Are you sure you didn't have a caching plugin enabled when you were making those changes?

chasenet
The only plugin running is the contact form...