Sign in to follow this  
samisam

How to position an image on the banner

samisam

I was wondering if there is a way to position an image on the header or any other place in the theme aside from the post/page area. I've tried every tutorial online and couldn't figure it out. can someone please assist with this CSS headache?

kastelic
Can you give us the site url and the specific image you want to position? You can position anything with CSS but we need specific details.

kastelic
Hi, Thanks for sending me the link, if you don't mind the url being public, but you just want to not have google find it you can type it out like this or something like this: y*o*u*r*s*i*t*e*.com So that other moderators can help ;) Anyway, you can position your header with CSS or add a new image to your header using a hook. Which do you want to do? Here's the legacy docs that give a basic introduction to hooks: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme Keep in mind thats for platformpro but the concept is the same. These are the hooks available in Pagelines Framework: http://api.pagelines.com/hooks

samisam
I tried using the css method but couldn't even find any references to the stumbleupon code let alone the one i inserted in the functions.php and styles.css. any ideas??

catrina
What code have you tried using? (The code for the hook you tried and the code for the CSS)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

samisam
Hi Catrina, Thanks for your help.. here goes: [b][u]style.css [/u][/b].opensunday {background: url('../wp-includes/images/stratford-ct-chiropractor.png') no-repeat -276px -22px;} & [b][u]functions.php[/u][/b]

catrina
Try using this CSS instead: [code]a.opensunday {background: url('../wp-includes/images/stratford-ct-chiropractor.png') no-repeat -276px -22px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

samisam
Still no luck Catrina.. just to let you know, i'm editing the files under the PlatformBase files. Functions.php and style.css is that correct?

catrina
Yes, that is correct. Can you try inserting the whole image URL instead of just "../wp-includes/images/stratford-ct-chiropractor.png') no-repeat -276px -22px;}"?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

samisam
I did with no luck. That was the first thing I assumed would be the cause any other ideas?

samisam
Still doesn't work Catrina.. here's my code if you don't mind. add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding'); // function name function add_icons_to_branding(){ // This hook adds a stumbleupon icon to the header of your theme. The class referenced in the link can be seen in the style.css // and is the image from the CSS is placed in the images folder ?>

samisam
Just to let you know my code does not display that semi colon that is showing up over here!!?? and i double and triple checked it.

samisam
ok.. regardless of what i do.. the form keeps on adding that semi-colon every time i paste the link in here. so my code is actually correct. have you noticed that catrina? trying pasting this url without a semi colon after the chiro-clinic-locations and see for yourself! :

Simon
wrap ypur code in code tags, press the [b]C[/b] button in the post editor.