Sign in to follow this  
gremmie

Feature Slider Right Side Navigation

gremmie

Hey guys, Was wondering how to get a the navigation buttons of the feature slider to appear properly on the right hand side of the slider. Here's my custom CSS so far:

#branding .content-pad, #branding .branding_wrap { padding-bottom: 0; margin-bottom: 0; }
	body #page{margin-top:15px !important;}
	div.branding_wrap {margin-left: -17px;}
	div.branding_wrap {margin-top: -15px;}
	#primary-nav ul.sf-menu, .sf-menu * { background: #3399CC;
	}
	#brandnav {margin-bottom: -15px;}

#feature_slider div.default-features {width: 500px;}
	#feature-area {width: 500px}
	#feature_slider {margin-top: -12px;}
	.home #feature-footer {width: 150px;}
	.home #feature_slider{width:500px;}
	.home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-150px;}
	.home #feature-area, .feature-wrap {width: -150px;}
	.home #feature-footer {width: 150px;}
	#featurenav a.activeSlide{background:#000000;}

#feature-footer {
		height: 200px;
		float: right;
		width: 150px;
		bottom: 151px;
	}

#feature-footer .feature-footer-pad {
		background: #172332;
		border-top: none;
		border-bottom: none;
		border-right: none;
		height: 200px;
		border-left: none;
		width: 150px;

www.gremmie.net/testblog

Rob
Hi, I'm looking at your site and I see a much scaled down slider with no navigation buttons. I don't know that the slider works quite that small and will likely not show the right, left or bottom. I don't see any navigation buttons. Did you activate them?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gremmie
Please have another look. I was fiddling with the code but have just reverted back to what you see above.

Rob
Okay. I am unsure how you changed the size of the slider, but whatever you did, doesn't work. There are elements of the slider that go full width, some that are still full size and the nav buttons are jammed into a very small space. Could you elaborate on how you did that? This is how it's done. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/12458/featured-slider-width-a-solution/p1

gremmie
I just used the css from the suggested thread. please see the results. I'd like the feature footer with the thumbs to appear to the right of the slider.

Rob
At least the navigation is where it is normally supposed to be. I don't know that it would actually work to have the navigation on the side where you want it. I'm going to have to discuss this with my colleagues. Apologies for the delay. Thanks for your patience.

catrina
I have attempted to do this before but it results in a bottom browser scrollbar and the width of the navigation can't seem to change. :( There may be another way, but there needs to be a way to prevent the width of the page from changing.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gremmie
There's got to be a way to do this. check out the second post here. Someone figured it out, albeit with some heavy coding. Please advise. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15032/how-to-add-a-left-nav-beside-a-feature-slider/p1

Rob
Gremmie, If this is not working for you, the best solution would be to engage one of our Pros for the customization as this goes beyond the scope of forum-level support. Unfortunately, we can't customize your site here. However, I'm absolutely confident that one of our Professionals can help you. Please write a note to hello@pagelines.com and ask for a quote, specifying your goal and referencing this topic. Thanks for your kind patience.

catrina
@gremmie Do you need further assistance with this or have you already found it elsewhere?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gremmie
I do, yes but I'd rather not have to hire someone to help solve the problem.

kastelic
I'm not seeing the slider on your site now.

gremmie
That's because I've given up for the time being. The answer you guys have provided is to contact the pros for a quote on something that I didn't think would require such a herculean effort. Are you saying there's still hope in this forum?

Danny
Hi Gremmie, Can you active the slider on your site please, so I can take a look at this for you!

Please search our forums, before posting!

gremmie
Ok, I put it back up. Please have a look.

catrina
[code]#feature_slider div.default-features {width: 500px;} #feature-area {width: 500px}[/code] ^ This CSS you're using is resizing the feature slider area, but not the content inside of it. Is it your intention to make the overall feature slider 500px-wide?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gremmie
Yes, which is currently how wide it is.

gremmie
This has not been solved yet. Why has it been set to answered?

Simon
It set to answered yes, not accepted though.

Simon
My advice: Start a child theme, install the base child theme to start with. Copy the features folder from pagelines/sections/ to the child theme folder, make a sections folder there if it does not exist already. Open the features/section.php and change the name at the top, call it custom features or something. Now your free to edit the actual code in the section and move the divs around to suit your custom requirements. I think this is way beyond what is possible to do with just css.

Simon
Actually, my post above was thinking you has 2.0 installed, for 1.x its a bit harder as the section will need to be re-registered. You will still need the child theme (platformbase) and still need to copy the features folder, but then you will need to change the name at the top AND the class name, and then register the new section in the platformbase functions file, theres a couple of examples in there how to do it.

Rob
Gremmie, As I've pointed out repeatedly and finitely, this is not something that can or will be supported in the forum as it is not a question of a problem but one in which you're asking for a customization. This forum is for support questions and while we're happy to provide top notch support for any technical issue, we're unable to design your site or customize components. For that you either need to hire someone or, if you can't find a programmer, designer or developer, we provide Pros. This topic has gone on for some time and you simply must take care of this on your own or with a Pro's support. We cannot custom code your site for you. Please write to hello@pagelines.com for a quote, or, if you don't wish to spend money, feel free to use a different feature slider that is closer to what you're looking for. Ours does not do what you want out of the box. I'm sorry but there are limits. As this matter is resolved, I'm closing it. You can reopen the ticket at any time.