Sign in to follow this  
MissT

IE 9 and Cforms

MissT

Has anyone else had problems with Internet Explorer 9 and Cforms, other browsers and older versions of IE look ok but IE 9 has really mucked up the layout on my contact page: http://artisticupholstery.simondesign.co.uk/contact/ I'm using WP 3.3.1. And Pagelines 2.0 Any help greatly appreciated as it's meant to go live at the weekend. Thanks in advance, Tracy.

Danny
Hi Tracy, I would recommend you contact the author of the plug-in as I don't think this is theme/framework related.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jackey
Can you show a screen dump of IE9 showing the page (including the address bar of the browser window)

MissT
Thanks Danny, I already had logged an issue with the author and just wondered if any other people had had similar issues and could help me. Hi Jackey - is this what you were after? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54241124/artistic.bmp Thanks, Tracy.

kastelic
Looks like you may need to add some CSS make your forms consistent across browsers. You should first validate your site though, as it may be a markup issue.

MissT
Thanks kastelic - I did validate the homepage and corrected 2 minor issues. I've only just realsied I need to do all pages - all main pages ok now except the Contact page which is showing the following error... Validation Output: 1 Error Error Line 140, Column 39: Duplicate ID comments.
??‰ Warning Line 139, Column 145: The first occurrence of ID comments was here. ??¦comments" class="copy postloop-comments comments-bottom">
Is this something I can fix easily? Just found this on the CForms website.. "And finally, many WP theme developers aren??™t particularly cautious and tend to use global CSS declarations that may have an impact on how cforms??™ forms are rendered ??“ hate to say, but if your form doesn??™t look right, 99.5% it??™s your WP theme that interferes." Many thanks for your help, Tracy.

Martin Bay
Not sure if this will help! I'm using Contact Form 7 instead of cFormsII it is simply more simple to set up and blend very nice in with my Pagelines themes. http://contactform7.com/ Good luck.

MissT
Thanks everyone, I've re-created the page using Contact Form 7 and it's looking much better in IE9, the textarea field is not quite the right size but thats about it everything else looks ok. Thank you for your comments, much appreciated, Tracy.