Sign in to follow this  
mlathome

How to show a sidebar only on a page and not on the homepage

mlathome

Hi there, I am having a problem with getting the sidebars setup in Platform Pro the way I want it. I want to have a sidebar showing on a page and not on any other page, including my homepage (this shows all of the latest posts, i.e. default setup). For your info, the homepage is to show certain sidebars (secondary and universal, on left and right) but not need to show for instance the primary sidebar which I want to use for a separate page. How do I set this up? I have tried to hide the primary sidebar by default, assuming I could unhide it on a separate page, but the latter does not seem to be possible. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks! Martin

kastelic
I recommend the plugin Widget Logic . You can set any sidebar widget to display based on wordpress conditionals: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/ http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

mlathome
Thanks, but this seems to arrange the widgets. I need to have the complete sidebar removed from my homepage and only show the sidebar (in this case the primary, but this could be anyone) on one other page... Any ideas?

Rob
In the Dashboard > PlatformPro > Sidebar Options, check the box for Hide When Empty. Then, using Widget Logic, have the widget you want to appear in a particular place appear only on that page. Since the sidebar won't be empty then, it will appear only where you want it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur