Sign in to follow this  
gigglingbob

Header, Hooks & other things I don't understand

gigglingbob

I'm working on this site: concernwc.org At the top, in the header section, I would like to add a text field between the logo and the social media icons that show a random quote. I found a plugin for wordpress called "wordpress quotes" : http://www.jasonernst.com/projects/quotes/ I have attempted to edit the functions.php template in the Platform Pro base folder as per the instructions in the template file and what I saw on the video on the help pages. I don't fully understand PHP so I am not sure that I have input the code correctly: add_action('pagelines_after_branding', 'quotes'); // function name function quotes(){ quote_display_random() } I have inserted these lines on the template between the: // HOOKS EXAMPLE --------// and // ABOUT FILTERS ----------// Each time I have tried to edit the functions.php file I get a parser error for syntax or something else. Any suggestions?

dugoni
I'm no php expert by a long shot, but I think "quote_display_random()" needs a semicolon after it... try that? So instead of quote_display_random() try quote_display_random();

gigglingbob
thank you... that worked. Now just to figure out how to get it in the middle:)