Sign in to follow this  
carlosarze

How to run a Java Script on Pagelines 2.0

carlosarze

How can i run Java Script on Pagelines 2.0 Here I have a script in one of the boxes but its not running properly www.pbxrepair.com Another question its why the button its not showing up the text "Call Us" on IE and it is showing fine on Mozilla .. Thanks in advance.

fredpixlab
try to put it in the yourdomain/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines settings Tab custom code --> headerscript

kastelic
Once you get it in the headerscripts or footerscripts box, if it still doesn't work, please paste your entire script here.

kastelic
Try replacing every instance of $j with jQuery . Other than that, could you tell what error you are getting? (in Google Chrome hit F12 and click the "show console" button at the very bottom left to see js errors)

carlosarze
Hi Kastelic thanks for your advice.... Changing $j for jQuery worked but only in Chrome, Mozilla and IE are not working at all. here is the code: - In the box: [code]
Please enter your number below, we will call you right now!
[/code] - In the costume code header script [code][/code] What can i do to make it work in all browsers ???? Thanks in advance again.....

carlosarze
Hi Catrina 1) In IE the button shows up but not the tag "Call Us Now" neither the CSS for it. 2) In Mozilla the button shows up with the tag fine. 3) [b]In booth navigators the jQuery script doesn't validate the number it just passes what ever number you put in there even letters. [/b] I don't get any specific error it just passes whatever without running the jQuery. 4) This only works right now on Chrome. Thanks in advance

Rob
I am not at all sure javascripts will work at all. I've asked a developer to take a look.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Hi, sorry for the delay getting back to you. As it turns out, jQuery does work with PageLines and WordPress however, this appears to be a problem that should be addressed to the script developer. I'd suggest writing to them as there's nothing in PageLines that would prevent the script from functioning, per the developers.

carlosarze
Hi ... Thanks for your answer but i think you didnt understand the question We know jQuery does work with PageLines and Wordpress its used in things like the Carrousel, no problem with that. The script i am using its pretty basic i did it myself and it works perfect on Chrome or in a basic HTML page , my question its why it doesn't work with the other browsers, Firefox or IE. If i dont use Pagelines Framework it works perfect in all the browsers. Thanks in advance.

Rob
Different browsers render jQuery or Javascripts differently, which is why you're seeing different results in different browsers. It has nothing to do with PageLines. This is an issue you need to address with the script author. If one browser shows it, that proves the problem isn't in our coding or implementation of the jQuery. If we broke it, then Chrome wouldn't show it any better than any other browser. The problem lies in the way the jQuery renders in the various browsers you're using which could be a compatibility issue or the script may require a fix for different browsers which is a very common thing. On my own site to get rounded corners I had to apply a fix for Mozilla and that was just CSS. Please write to the script author and ask him for an update or let him know your script is not working. Unfortunately we can't support his product.

carlosarze
Hi rangelone I am pretty sure the problem I am having is with PageLines Theme, if you didn't read well , I am the author of the script and like I said before the script it's pretty simple and [b]works with no problem in all browsers when I am not using PageLines. [/b] As soon as i Activate Pagelines the script doesn't work anymore on IE or Firefox. So its pretty simple logic right ?. I changed the test page to a Generic Wordpress theme so you can see how it works over all browsers. Another thing that makes me think that the problem relays on Pagelines Framework its that the script works fine in Plataform Pro but not with Pagelines Framework. So it must be something with the coding or implementation of the jQuery in Pagelines Framework. Thanks in advance.

Rob
Unfortunately, in this forum I don't believe we can provide support for your custom jQuery script, however, if you write to [email protected], one of our Professional develoers might be able to assist. When writing, please specify what you need done and reference this topic. Thanks.