Sign in to follow this  
michelecannone

Side custom menu

michelecannone

Hi everybody! I need to have some pages showing a custom side menu as a sub menu for the single project pages. HWhat is the best practice for this?

Rob
Michele, If you have [url="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/"]Widget Logic plugin[/url], you will find that allows you to apply a widget in a sidebar that appears only on certain categories, posts, pages, other criteria. Another way, if you do not want this menu in the sidebar, is to create a custom secondary nav menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and apply that secondary nav menu only to the page or pages where you want it. You can create as many as you wish. If you need additional guidance, don't hesitate to ask!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

michelecannone
Robert thansk so much! I knew this way but I thought the "Content sidebar" was a way to manage this "on single page". Widget logic or widget ninja is great but when you need to have a lot of sub menus for website subsection it starts to become complicate :(

Rob
I agree. If you use secondary menus instead of including the menu in a sidebar, it's probably as complex or even more so, though you retain greater control. This is achieved by establishing a navigation plan but it's time consuming. I usually recommend it though because it works. If you want more information on it, let me know and I'll send the info to you privately.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

michelecannone
yes please send me help :)

kastelic
You might want to send rangelone a private message in case he doesn't check back here.