Sign in to follow this  
ericapalm

defaults coming back

ericapalm

Hi, I logged in my website to a couple of days ago and I saw something very strange. It seems like some original settings were restored. For example, in features and boxes, I had deleted those and added new ones. My new ones are still there, but oddly the old ones (the default ones from platform pro) came back. At the moment this is not a big issue because the website is still under construction, but I am worried that this may happen again, so I wonder what is going on. Do you have an idea of how/why this happened? Thanks

ericapalm
No...I am wondering if there was some automatic update. But I still don't understand how original settings came back...

Rob
We don't usually do 'automatic' updates. We publish them for people to install because people may not be prepared. Even if the upgrades were automatic, they would preserve your settings. Likely, one of two options took place. You may have clicked "Reset" on the PlatformPro settings accidentally and not remembered doing so. Or, your host may have done something with an upgrade to the database or its operating systems like MySQL or PhpMyAdmin. This could be the result of a cPanel or Plesk upgrade.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur