Sign in to follow this  
petere21

Limits in features

petere21

How could i setup default limit of features for single posts. Where exactly i could define it and how - for hundreds of single posts from previous version of platform pro? sections? css? where and how? Limit max 5 features Additional problem Default navigation setting - dots - for all single post (by default) I cannot understand why developers didnt think about people who upgrade? :-o

catrina
At the moment there aren't global options for changing the limit but I believe it is being worked on.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon
You mean this? Its in the page meta. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xryvq.png[/IMG]

petere21
no no I need to setup old posts from previous platform pro {900posts} to old parameters. Just single post pages problem. There must be default limit and navigation somewhere declared. I know that global meta option doesn't exist today. I want to change it by code placing. After next upgrade I change back correct files but for possibility of use it now i need to fix it little bit harder. Again I have to tell, I cannot understand how is it possible that after upgrade I cannot set old values. No one told me about. It is not very professional from developers. If I known it before I would never upgrade old platform. I spent huge number of hours by trying to set up what works perfectly before.

petere21
Try to help me to find where exactly in files base navigation and limit are declared and how to change it to old parameters without conflicts. Most of things like height, text box i found and changed. Also anz new post I am able to change. But I cannot change piece by piece 900 post done before. thanx

petere21
http://www.vinylworld.sk/?p=8044 look at it how navigation of features looks awful. Terrible. I had setup limits 7 and dot navigation in old platform for all .... I am sick of it

Rob
Peter, I believe you have some misunderstandings concerning PageLines Framework and the way Feature Sliders are used. Please be patient while I help you work out this issue. I can see from the link you provided that you are correct, it does look terrible having over 30 slides on a post. The default feature settings were removed by popular demand and may return in a future version. However, until that happens, the solution we have provided is exactly as Pross has shown you in the Meta Settings on posts. It's possible you do not see the PageLines Meta Settings. Can you confirm if you can see the PageLines Meta Settings on your posts? The next point I'd like to make is that you are using the feature slider on each post. This will greatly slow down the load time for each post so I do not recommend including the feature slider the posts. Instead, you should consider creating a page for each grouping of music you have on the site (Classical, Baroque, Jazz, Blues, Swing, etc.). On each page you could use a feature slider that is set up with 5 to 7 slides that are specific to that musical era. You would do this on the individual page in the PageLines Meta Settings. Now about the PageLines Meta Settings - if you cannot see them, on the top right of your posts or pages, you will see a small grey box labelled "Screen Options" with a down arrow. Click that, then make sure that the PageLines Meta Settings is checked. When you have Features set up properly in your template, the Features tab is active in the PageLines Meta Settings and you may control the number of slides there. You must also select the feature set. About Feature Sets - As I suggested above, having groups of five to seven for each musical era, you should create a feature set for each, such as baroque-set, jazz-set, etc. Apply the slides specific to the musical era and then, when you apply that set to the page, and have 5 or 7 slides set, that will be all you see. While I have seen a number of plugin conflicts do many things, I have not seen them force a post to have 36 slides. So, if you cannot work this out, I'd politely request you write to hello@pagelines.com and request a pro to look at your site and help you to fix the problem. I have many feature sets in a PageLines Framework site applied to pages and many plugins and have not seen any problems like the one you are evidently experiencing so perhaps a professional could help to organize and test things for you. Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you're experiencing but we'll happily do what we can to assist.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

petere21
Rangelone I see meta settings i can change numbers of situations like categories topics 404 author pages etc in special pages setup. But where is single post??? I ve never had more than 5 features 330 px height in old version. single posts was setup mostly without feature sets default limit last 5 in queue with dot nav for all and height 330. it work ok and all was good. Now i ve made more features but for this old SiNGLE POSTS i am not able to setup limit and navigation. As you can see, every other situation is solved by setting or entering own coding. I have had several other problems which i resolved before directly across css and section.php - like height, all carousel problems excerpt of more taxonomies slug (i asked before) every problems are only in one section SINGLE POST. I can set up it now handy but it needs weeks of waste work. Becouse of this i want to setup in section or css but i cannot fing correct way where and how Btw integration.with bbpress is other big problem i used it before and now i looose all control - new version works just with 21 theme i cannot control nothing. It is fine that pagelines start to work with vanilla but i believe there are a lot of users before who loose by this step all they old work. Maybe in future upgrade we will find that pagelines start to cooperate with joomla except of wp :-) hahaha

petere21
To rengelone Again i have to tell you i see meta sets and i know possibilitties which they offer i believe perfectly. I am a little bit far. Every feat and carrousel has related task inside but till we change it we have to fix old to standard anyway thank you for discussion I dont hsve problem with new posts i have problem with 900 old single posts :-) now 670 rest are changed hand by hand every day I just need to fix limits problem till new upgrade will come or till i change it handy awful work if you are in stress and everyday comes hundreds of visitors to know it before i would never upgrade But you are right it is better to write to hellos.

petere21
no thanks I resolved all at a moment