Sign in to follow this  
evanders

One column bigger than others in footer

evanders

I'm familiar with how to change the width of the columns in the footer, but what if I wanted to have one column be bigger than the others, or control the width of the columns individually. For example, I want the left-most column to be about twice as wide as the remaining columns to accommodate some content I'd like to place in there.

evanders
I would, only it's in dev; not accessible externally. I figured I would just use CSS to do it, but from what I can see, all the columns use the same class.

Rob
If you inspect the footer columns you'll see that unlike any other section, the footer columns are really not individual, but divisions of the same sidebar. Effectively, this makes it impossible to shift the width of one column while leaving the remaining ones constant. As you know, depending on how many columns you have, the width adjusts accordingly, but evenly. I'm very sorry about this as I too would love to have columns in the footer I could specify for width. I'll mention it to our developers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evanders
Thanks for the reply. This is what I figured. I was looking at my site today on my iPad. I noticed that the columns fold nicely under one another in mobile view. I'm guessing that might have been the thinking behind this.