Sign in to follow this  
johnlatham

Mobile verison font sizes different

johnlatham

I have visited my site on an iPhone and the fonts are different sizes to the desktop browser version. I'd like the mobile to be exactly the same as the desktop if that is possible? www.johnlathamweddings.com Thanks

catrina
You may want to give this plugin a shot: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mobile-edition/. It allows you to customize settings for different mobile browsers.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

johnlatham
I'm not sure that's the best solution. The website on mobiles looks near enough the same, its just the size of the nav bar text and the size of the prices page text that look bigger and effecting layout on the prices page - as I have line breaked some text in the paragraphs. The question is, why is the mobile version making the text bigger? (Maybe so its easier to read?) Can I over ride this so it appears exactly like the desktop version? Thanks.

catrina
It's an issue with the iPhone. I searched around and found this code that can be added to prevent font scaling: [code] body { -webkit-text-size-adjust:none; }[/code] Please add this to Custom Code > Custom CSS and let us know if it works.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

johnlatham
Thanks, I'll try that. In your research did you find anything that would prevent the iPhone from scaling the fonts? Because I have just realized that the scaling looks better and easier to read - But, the text on the welcome page is as it is on a desktop. Do you know why this would be, and if I can make sure it gets scaled like the rest of the website text? PS. I did notice however, that when I put a line break in the paragraph that is on the welcome page, the text scales up on the iPhone, as it should. This might help you with understanding why it hasn't done it now. Thanks, John.

catrina
I'm not sure why this would be, unfortunately. :( I'm no iPhone mobile browser expert. I found a bit of insight here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6262137/get-iphone-font-size-to-be-the-same-as-other-browsers

Designer | Catrina Dulay