Sign in to follow this  
johnlatham

First time load - Feature Images

johnlatham

Hey, I notice that when I visit my site on a computer that hasn't been on it yet, the feature images all appear as a black screen before loading. Why is this? www.johnlathamweddings.com Thanks

johnlatham
Yes, but because the images are rolling it jumps to the next one. Maybe its the browser loading the images? They are saved for web though so are pretty small in file size.

catrina
I don't think it's a browser loading issue. Also, making the transitions faster wouldn't make a difference. The default background color for feature sliders is black. If you want, it can be changed to a different color, but I don't think that's what you would want either.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nnesheim
So, what was the solution for this? If it's not a browser issue, then what is it?

Rob
It could be several things. One, as Catrina points out is the transition speed and the gap speed between transitions. Another could be the actual size of the images in kilobytes or megabytes. If you have large image file sizes, then they will take longer for some computers to load (based on available RAM on the local machine). What sizes are the files? A good guide is to keep them less than 84K each and limit it to like 6 or 7 on the far side.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur