Sign in to follow this  
thisafternoon

BuddyPress edit user issue

thisafternoon

Hi guys! When I make changes in a user profile, the Username is changed into all lowercase characters. Even if I don't change it, or try to change it into something different. If the username is "Bas" and I change it to "Bas2" the new username will be "bas" If the username is "Frank" and I don't change it, but just hit save or change a different field, the new username will be "frank" I think it's theme related, I have other BP sites that do not have this problem. Any thoughts? thanks, Bas

catrina
Does it change in the settings after saving or does it appear on the actual page as all lowercase letters? It might be a CSS issue. Can you please post a link?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Please read this: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/uh-usernames-are-case-sensitive-here It appears to be a browser issue, not a PageLines or PlatformPro issue. We do not control the user accounts, as this is a WordPress function, not a thematic one. However, your browser (Firefox and possibly others) may change case. That doesn't necessarily mean that an existing user account created as "Bas" won't be able to use that in another browser or even in Firefox. Most likely the browser will just convert it visually. Have you tested a login with the multi-case User ID?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thisafternoon
Ok thanks! It is not a CSS issue, the usernames are actually changed in the backend. But it is good to know that it is a WordPress function and that you do not control them. I'll try a different approach :)