Sign in to follow this  
bokeh

how to add text below header social icons in Platform Pro framework

bokeh

Hi, I've tried the various suggestions in the forum for adding text telephone numbers and email address above the header social icons. But nothing works, it either destroyed my site, or it achieves nothing. Can someone show me how to do this in framework please?

catrina
Do you have the PageLines Customize plugin installed? It's available from the Store and it can be installed through the Dashboard's PageLines settings.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bokeh
Hi Catrina, yes, I do have it installed. Hope you can help with the changes I wish to make. best

Rob
Essentially, the hooks you would have used in PlatformPro may be used in PageLines Framework by editing the functions.php file in PageLines Customize plugin. If you FTP into your site and CHMOD wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php and style.css to 777 (or on some servers, 755), you can then go to Dashboard > Plugins Editor and navigate (drop down list top right side) to that plugin and edit the files. You will probably see a jumbled mess in your header after adding some text, even if your code in functions.php is correct. This is because the text lacks styling of its CSS element. Properly done, you would have created a class for the text, and should then apply a right align CSS command to that class so that it is aligned on the opposite side of the branding image. Once the correct CSS is applied (in style.css, edited the same way as the hooks), then the text will show up correctly.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bokeh
Thanks rangelone, but I tried that once before using code found for Platform pro on the forum ??“ but it broke my site completely, despite following the code exactly. Can anybody supply me with the hook and css elements? Best Paul

catrina
Can you post the code for the hook that you tried using? (It may have needed some adjustments)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bokeh
Hi Catrina, it was: add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'custom_contact_info'); function custom_contact_info() { ?> <div id="contact-info"><p>enquiries@lavapr.co.uk</br> T:01522 842800 / 0115 8125535</p></div> <?php } and for CSS: #contact-info { float:right; margin-top:-20px; width:200px; } #contact-info p { float:left; text-align:left; } Best Paul

kastelic
I pasted your code in my functions.php and it worked fine with no modifications. You need to make sure you have the Branding and Navigation sections within your Header template for it to show up (NOT Brandnav, as brandnav doesn't have the social icons to hook into). Secondly, are you putting your code in wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/functions.php ? This is where it needs to be, and not in themes/pagelines/functions.php And you said you have the pagelines Customize plugin installed, are you sure that it is activated as well? (go to store, find the plugin and click Activate)

bokeh
Yep, that did the trick, just need to adjust the padding a bit, b ut at least it is up now. many Thanks.