Sign in to follow this  
davemoppert

Carousel makes my background image disappear

davemoppert

If I insert the carousel into my page template the background image disappears. I have the background set to supersize. If I turn supersize off, it will show display the background, but I really want the background to supersize... I want the carousel to rotate through a specific post category. Any help would be appreciated.

davemoppert
If you need a URL to see what I am talking about: http://www.hoodoo.com/crescentlakeresort/ Click on Carousel Test in the nav and you will notice the background is missing.

Danny
Hi Dave, Would it be possible for you to add a few more items to your carousel as a test, about 6 should do and reply here when you have so I can take another look. Also, can you post your Carousel settings so I can try to reproduce your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

davemoppert
So, there are no global carousel settings (yet) with pagelines framework 2.0 right? If so, I can't seem to find them...

davemoppert
I added all the posts I wanted on the site, and the background did show back up... interesting. Looks like it has to reach capacity before the background shows -- which isn't a bad thing, just kind of annoying when trying to figure out a the new theme... Any idea of where the global options are at for the carousel settings or do I need to wait on the next update (hopefully soon!!!)

Jenny
There aren't global options yet, but you can edit options for individual page types in the Template section. Just go to the page type and you'll see the carousel settings.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

davemoppert
Yeah... It's kind of a bummer that I HAVE to edit the settings on the page level... kind of counter intuitive for a theme to not have global options. I mean, I like that we can really make each page custom, but I just wish that I could set default settings as well... can't we have both?! :/

Jenny
Global options are coming in a future release. I can't remember if it is the next release or not but it's soon, regardless. Trust me, I'm with you on this one. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.