Sign in to follow this  
jasonbwhitman

Dotted Column Border

jasonbwhitman

I would like to add a dotted border around each of my posts but I am not sure how to accomplish it. I tried this but it failed

#column-main .hentry-pad {border-style:dotted;}

Thanks in advance!

Danny
Hi Jason, Can you provide a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob
Jason, are you trying to wrap each individual post in a border or, are you trying to wrap the column (where posts appear) in a border?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
If it's the single posts you mean, try this: [code].single #column-wrap .mcolumn-pad { border: 1px dotted #ff0000 !important; }[/code] Change the color (#ff0000) to any you please.

jasonbwhitman
Danny, here is the link to my site [url]http://www.thepoliticaloperative.com[/url] rangelone, your solution worked perfectly for individual posts as you suggested. Is there a way to wrap the individual posts on the main blog page?

Rob
I looked over your site and the padding around individual posts is insufficient to accommodate a border on the homepage. The border would blend right into the text, making it look pretty bad. Even if you were to use a contrasting color, the dots, dashes or any other modality would be so close to the text as to join with it. That would make your site look rather amateurish and I'm sure you don't want that. However, it does look great on the individual post pages. Let me know if you still wish to proceed after reading this.

jasonbwhitman
I see what you mean. Is there a way for me to increase the padding around the posts on the homepage? I am shooting for a look similar to [url]http://www.bigjournalism.com[/url]

catrina
Please add this to Custom Code > Custom CSS to add a dotted border around individual posts: [code]article#post div.hentry-pad {border: 1px dotted #000; padding: 20px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jasonbwhitman
Hmm, thank you for the code Catrina. I inserted into my custom code and it did not produce the desired affect :(

catrina
Hm, try just this: [code]div.hentry-pad {border: 1px dotted #000; padding: 20px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jasonbwhitman
That worked perfectly, Catrina. Thank you!