Sign in to follow this  
sois

New to the game, need advice: Youtube Auto Post options?

sois

Hi All, I am in love with the pagelines framework and am a little overwhelmed at what it has to offer. I am wanting something hopefully very simple: I want to use the Carousel (Banner? not sure) feature to auto post any time my youtube channel has a new video. Our youtube videos are critical and we would like to have four or five on display at a time. Is this possible? Has anyone had any luck doing something like this? Thank you so much, I look forward to posting here.

sois
Ok, after doing some reading, I think the Features feature is what I am looking for. I am using this tool: http://www.ternstyle.us/products/plugins/wordpress/wordpress-automatic-youtube-video-posts This creates automatic posts based on a YouTube channel. This is perfect except that it doesn't actually show the video in the feature despite the video being posted in the actual post. Furthermore, it doesn't link to the post either. Optimally, I'd like it to show the youtube snapshot in the feature and link to the post or just play the video in the feature panel. Any ideas? Here is a picture of the feature as well as a picture of the actual post. [img]http://content.screencast.com/users/sois/folders/Jing/media/b9769ce7-5858-47cc-b886-a7f2c3dc572d/broken-feature.png[/img] [img]http://content.screencast.com/users/sois/folders/Jing/media/865b940b-18bb-49a2-bbf3-506e10191fa6/2012-01-06_0952.png[/img]

Rob
If you publish lots of videos on YouTube and want them to appear dynamically, your best bet will likely be a plugin video gallery as opposed to our Feature Slider or Carousel. These are best used for announcement pages with fixed images. The problem is that you cannot use timing of the sliders because it won't match the video length. Additionally, the video's do not automatically play so if someone delays a second or two in activating the video, it will cut off before ending. If you broaden the transition period to accommodate long videos, then someone sits there waiting between transitions for minutes. The video galleries work great by picking up info you input at YouTube as well as a clip from the videos, links, information about the video (duration, etc) and put them in a grid format.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sois
Any recommendations on a video gallery? Does PageLines make one? What entity in PageLines would I place the video gallery within? I just want it to appear on the blog homepage. Thanks!

Simon
TubePress might suit you.

sois
The site currently has tubepress (www.lvgridiron.com is the site). I moved to PageLines because of the cool elements like the carousel. Maybe I can put tubepress in a box on the blog home page? It's still so ugly, I wish the Features tool would work for this. I'm a little bummed out pagelines doesn't have anything to handle this. That is the main reason I signed up. :(

Simon
When you add a new feature in it adds a new post using a custom post type. If you add a video it gets added to that posts meta settings and used to display the video on your page. Your plugin however adds the video html to the post content. You may be able to mod the plugin to add it to the post meta. Have you contacted the author?

sois
I just reached out to him, I will look into adding into the post meta. Thank you, I will keep y'all in the loop. If anyone else has ideas, lets hear them :)