Sign in to follow this  
millerwhite

Editing information in metabar

millerwhite

I'm now working on my second PageLines site, and it's going even smoother than the first one. I've really enjoyed learning the ins and outs of this framework, and I love what it's enabled us to do to this point. Kudos to the developers for a great product! By searching the forums here and the docs, I've usually been able to track down a solution to any issue I've had to this point. However, I'm running into one now that I can't seem to pin down. I've found some solutions for removing the metabar altogether, etc., but nothing that quite gets me where I'm wanting to go. On the blog page and post page, I'm wanting the metabar to display ONLY the date it was posted and the category it was posted in. I found a different forum post that allowed me to remove the "Leave a Comment" part of the metabar, and I used the same method to remove the author. While it removes the author's name, it still leaves the "By" at the beginning. So it reads: "By On January 4, 2012 - - In News". What I'm wanting to do now is remove that "By", and possibly change "On" to something like "Date Posted:" or something. I've already found and tried some solutions on other forum posts regarding editing the functions.php file of the base theme, but those did not work for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jackey
Hi, Maybe I misunderstand completely, but might this suit your needs? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m6Sgd.jpg[/IMG] You'll find this in the Base Theme Settings [Blog And Posts] Under the more info button you will find all the short codes: [post_categories] - List of categories [post_edit] - Link for admins to edit the post [post_tags] - List of post tags [post_comments] - Link to post comments [post_author_posts_link] - Author and link to archive [post_author_link] - Link to author URL [post_author] - Post author with no link [post_time] - Time of post [post_date] - Date of post

Rob
Yes, Jackey's correct. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blog and Posts and you'll find the options to edit the meta tags as you wish. It's one of the nicest functions of PageLines Framework.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

millerwhite
*Edit: Never mind. I had tried this before and couldn't get it to work as intended. However, I just cleared those fields and re-entered the shortcodes, saved the settings, and it worked. Odd, but obviously user error. Thank you!