Sign in to follow this  
marveng

Transfering a site from one host to another.

marveng

I've been reading around like crazy and I'm not sure if I'm understanding it correctly. I have a site I've built on a MU WordPress install using PlatformPro. I'd like to transfer that site to another host that has it's own single user version of WordPress.org installed on it. Am I right in assuming that this is impossible without installing platformpro on the host I'm migrating to? Or, is there something I'm not seeing?

Danny
Hi Marveng, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand, so you currently have a your Platform Pro powered site on a host who is using Wordpress MU and you now want to transfer your site to a new host who is using a single version of Wordpress ? Would it be possible to reply and go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

marveng
Yes, that is exactly my dilemma. I am creating a website on a multi-site install of WordPress that I admin. I would like to be able to take that site and transfer it to another host that is running a single-user version of WordPress and does not have Platform Pro installed on it.

catrina
Do you already have a single-user version of WordPress installed on the other host you want to transfer the site to?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse