Sign in to follow this  
infomatika

How to add banners?

infomatika

Hi, i am trying to add a couple of banners to my page. Look at the picture below to get an understanding of what I'm trying to do: Uten-navn1.jpg The page is made with platformpro framework 2.0 Any ideas on how to do this?

Danny
Hi Infomatika, Are you referring to banners using the PageLines banners section or are theses banners ads ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
Can you provide me with the code, so I can see if I can get them in the correct position for you. From the image above it looks as though you want them outside of the content area, is that correct?

Please search our forums, before posting!

infomatika
That is correct, I want them outside of the content. What file/code is it that you need?

Jenny
I would advise making your site full-width with sidebars on each side. Then you can just add the advertisements in text widgets in the sidebars.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

infomatika
Thanks for your answer! That's of course a way of doing it :) But I need two sidebars on the right side, and one on the left side.. I can't find that option in my pagelines settings :s Do you know if it is possible to do that in platform pro?

infomatika
Maybe it could work by using hooks in my base theme?

Jenny
Probably, but honestly I couldn't tell ya how to do it. ;) Maybe you could go all crazy and use the layout as I suggested but add another sidebar with some custom PHP. I don't know if anyone has done it here previously but try searching the forum. Make sure you put + in front of your search terms like this: +search +these +words

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

highreach
Has anyone found a solution for putting banners in the space next to the sidebars? I have the same issue as the original poster and the "full width with side bars" has not been working for me. Much appreciated