Sign in to follow this  
buddha

Center Align Feature Video

buddha

sorry to ask, but cannot find a simple answer in the forum history; how would i center align this video in a feature slider? and then change the height of the box to 300px?

dainiswmichel
you can add a style like this one to your custom css and then wrap the video code in the style: the css: .centerme { text-align: center; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; padding: 15px; } the html code:
Your Video Script

buddha
hi, thank you for trying but that did not work. actually, one of my feature slides disappeared. strange...

Danny
Hi tpsm, Can you post a link to your site please so I can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

buddha
I also had to change the names of the feature labels to numbers because they started mixing and matching with other slides.

Rob
Could you tell us how you eventually set up the names, what you did about the feature sets and what CSS you were using, if any? Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

buddha
i will have to think about it. in the meantime, can i get an answer to the css question regarding the centering of the videos? also, all my feature slides do not show on the feature menu. The tab says that I have 13 published, but only 4 show.

kastelic
You generally need to have a width set for that wrapping div in order to center it. And if you go the the Pagelines Meta settings for the page that you have set as your home page, there is a field for Number of Features to Show. Try entering a higher number here.

buddha
ok, can you please be more specific below regarding the "need to have a width set for that wrapping div in order to center it. The layout width is 960px, and the feature slider is the standard one that spans 960px (http://tltrust.org) the css: .centerme { text-align: center; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; padding: 15px; } the html code:
Your Video Script

catrina
In this CSS you need to set the width where the #px is (replace # with the pixel value): [code].centerme { text-align: center; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; padding: 15px; width: #px; }[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

buddha
thank you catrina. the centering of images seems to have worked. still cannot get the videos to center (http://tltrust.org).

buddha
Actually, the bigger problem now is that I keep losing a feature slide on my home page. There is an "August 30, 2010" feature slide and a "November 20, 2010" feature slide that keep getting mixed. The Aug30 feature name appears under the Nov20 feature slide; and the Aug30 feature slide is completely missing... I am really wasting too much time on this. I created new feature slides, created a new home page, created new categories....still the same problem - http://tltrust.org.

Danny
Hi Tpsm, Is this now resolved, as I see the feature slider names appearing correctly in Windows Chrome. If this isn't resolved, which browser and OS are you using?

Please search our forums, before posting!