Sign in to follow this  
jeffzanini

Nav color and universal sidebar background

jeffzanini    0
jeffzanini

Ok, 2 questions. Firstly, I'm having some issues with my css as of recent, I'm using framework 2.0. I'm trying to add a background to my universal sidebar which is above the nav with a social media widget inside. I have tried css but perhaps I was using the wrong code, if this can be done using php let me know too. Secondly, I cannot figure out how to get the white background off my inactive nav menu items, I just want it all black. www.trueplaces.net Thanks, Jeff

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi Jeff, 1. I see you have added a background image to your Universal Sidebar, is this now resolved ? 2. To remove the white background, add the following code to your CSS Rules located in PageLines > Settings > Custom Code: [code].sf-menu li, #primary-nav ul.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active {background-color: transparent !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

jeffzanini    0
jeffzanini
Thanks Danny that did fix the menu. However I cannot get the background image to display properly in the universal sidebar? I'm using this code but it isn't working? [code]section#sb_universal { background: url("http://www.trueplaces.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/header_top.jpg"); }[/code]

jeffzanini    0
jeffzanini
Perhaps the problem is due to the page being white, as the background is there, just something is covering it up?

jeffzanini    0
jeffzanini
Got it to work, just removed the content background color. Thanks!

Rob    547
Rob
Jeff, your code is technically incorrect. The code you provided above is missing something: section#sb_universal { background: url("http://www.trueplaces.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/header_top.jpg"; } You are missing a ) after the .jpg" and before the ;

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jackey    29
Jackey
Or maybe he has an extra ; before his ) ...that's what's making him wink ;) lol

jeffzanini    0
jeffzanini
No it is correct and thanks, and there isn't an extra ; for some reason the forum is displaying it as such, likely a bug. But thanks all!