Sign in to follow this  
rljmedia

Footer is changing is different pages

rljmedia

Ok, Here we go. Some pages of my site have the footer sticky on the bottom and some have the footer not a sticky type. footer. www.rljmedia.com Page and template selected Home: Footer is sticky ( default template ) Portflio: Footer is not at the bottom ( Carousel template ) Services: Footer is not at the bottom ( Boxes template ) Clients: Footer is sticky ( Highlight Template ) Contact: Footer is sticky ( Highlight Template ) Bio: Footer is sticky ( Highlight Template ) Blog: Footer is not at the bottom ( Blog template ) This one is a real mystery for me. Thanks Roger

catrina
I checked all pages and the footer is sticking to the bottom (in Firefox for Mac). Which browser are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rljmedia
I am using firefox for mac. Their is white space at the bottom of the footer on the pages. This was the same in chrome on the mac. Hmmm not sure how to past images on this blog for you.

catrina
You can upload them to imgur.com and paste the image URLs or put the image URLs inside the [IMG] tags here.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rljmedia
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6VUY3.png[/img]

rljmedia
This is home page - the other is service page. [img]http://i.imgur.com/PbgOG.png[/img]

rljmedia
I did not apply any sticky footer code.

rljmedia
monitor resolution is at 1440x900

Danny
Hi Rljmedia, The reason for this is that the footer area rises depending on the amount of content you have on your page. A simple fix would be this: [code]body, body.fixed_width {background-color: #713494 !important;} #page {background-color: white !important;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

rljmedia
Thank you Danny. This code has done the trick. I noticed their is no # to target an ID or Class in beginning of the body statement. [code]body, body.fixed_width {background-color: #713494 !important;}[/code] Do you know anything I can read up on to understand this? Thanks again!

Jenny
For body tags, it isn't needed since body is the main component. Most cases it isn't needed (except when used alone). As an example, for the body.fixed_width, you probably don't even need it (although it doesn't hurt to leave it there as it gives you a reference of what it's for).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

rljmedia
also with the command I have lost my special gradient in the footer. This is my gradient code along with your sticky footer changes. [code]/* ****** Fix sticky footer to bottom ***** */ body, body.fixed_width { background-color: #713494 !important; } #page { background-color: white !important; } } /* ****** Footer Gradient ********** */ #footer { border-top-style:solid; border-top-color:thick #303030;background: #4B246C; /* for non-css3 browsers */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#4B246C', endColorstr='#713494'); /* for IE */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#4B246C), to(#713494)); /* for webkit browsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #4B246C, #713494); /* for firefox 3.6+ */ height: 175px; clear:both;} }[/code]

rljmedia
Never Mind, I just noticed some extra code brackets that messed the css completely. My bad.

Rob
You're allowed! We all do things like that. Best part is, you caught it! Bravo!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur