Sign in to follow this  
dainiswmichel

why would my videos play once and then show an error?

dainiswmichel

hi, i get "video not found or access denied" after playing videos once. i've tried the flow player, vipers vid quicktags, the dreamhost streaming code -- and they all do the same thing. the site has PL, WP, BuddyPress, Wishlist Member I'd like visitors to be able to log in and view videos as many times as they like. best, dainis

kastelic
Are the videos stored on your own server? If so, perhaps its a permissions problem. I would contact your host and inquire as to what is causing the error from a server standpoint.

dainiswmichel
interestingly, the host could not replicate the issue (using a windows machine) i tried safari, opera, firefox on mac the issue only happens in firefox on mac. i updated firefox, it happens. if i clear the cache in firefox, the video plays once. if i try to reload the page, all FLV videos, no matter what player is being used, show the error. the error is not happening in safari or opera. any ideas?

Danny
Can you post a link to your site please. Also, if both issues are related to only Firefox on Mac, maybe you have some extension or addon that is causing the issue. Try disabling all add-ons/extensions for Firefox and see if that resolves the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dainiswmichel
hmm Danny, thanks for that, didn't think o them add ons, will do! :-)