Sign in to follow this  
digang

How Do I Change the Color of a Word or Phrase Inside a Post?

digang

How Do I Change the Color of a Word or Phrase Inside a Post? I've tried the normal html code: <font color="0066FF">word or phrase but it does not work. Thanks in advance! Angela

digang

Oh, I did close the tag with :-)

bryan-hadaway

Better practice would be:

<span style="color:#0066FF">Hi, this is whatever text I want.</span>

Thanks, Bryan

digang

if I already have <span style="font-size: xx-large;">, how do I implement the color in there? (and let me tell you where to send the bill...) :-)

digang

Okay, I just put your code right next to mine, and created another closed span tag. It worked! Not sure what best practice is, but if it works, I'm good :-) Thanks so much.

bryan-hadaway

Every time you open a tag you need to close it where you want the styling to stop. Best practice means what is modern and currently standards compliant,

<font color="0066FF">

will still work, but is out-dated, just a quick tip to help you sharpen your skills. Thanks, Bryan

digang

you know how in the old school way you could put many features inside , i.e. face, size, color, etc.? In the more current span feature, how do you do the same? What does it look like? I tried combining my increased letter size span tag with my color span tag but it would never work, that is why I just did two separate span tags side-by-side.

bryan-hadaway

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) http://www.w3schools.com/css/ is truly wonderful and you can do so much with it. Here's an example of the most basic text stylings:

<span style="color:#000; font-size:14px; font-family:georgia">Hello There</span>
You can add
style=""

to almost anything. As you get better you'll want to start using classes and ids instead. And you can start governing almost anything from your stylesheet. Any time you want to style something, just go ahead and ask. Thanks, Bryan

digang

You have been such a great help - thank you, Bryan.

bryan-hadaway

You're welcome, come back for help anytime. Thanks, Bryan