Sign in to follow this  
kashanti

header size?

kashanti

I uploaded a custom header, but it does not seem to extend from end to end. It looks like it has a white border around it. How do I adjust the size to the proper width and height for it to fill the space completely. kiaraashanti.com

Danny
Hi Kashanti, The first thing is that the upload is really for a logo and not a full on header/banner image. The second issue you have is that your header/banner image isn't wide enough to fit the entire width of your site. Your image is 915px wide, where as your site is 980px wide. You will need to increase the size of your header/banner image to match the dimensions of your sites width. Once you have completed this, reply here and post a link to the new header image. I will then try to sort out the CSS for you. I have to say though, I actually prefer the look of it now, I think it looks cooler like it is now.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kashanti
What I think I want to do is get it to the same size as the default Pagelines feature image. After playing around I discovered having my image under the features is easier for me. BUT again the default image is a bit larger than mine. What is the image size for the pagelines image. I'm going to put the default set on my contact page so you see what I mean. I think if I can get it to that, it will be perfect as an in between what you said and what I was trying to do originally.

Danny
Hi Kashanti, Would it be possible for you to create a mock up or a concept image of what you want and link it here please. Once we have this, we may be able to help.

kashanti
This is the pagelines feature here. http://kiaraashanti.com/contact-me-3/ I want header image I have in the feature box the same size, and in the same position. http://kiaraashanti.com/

kashanti
Never mind. I figured it out, sort of, but the lower edge was all black, and it extending to the top didn't look good. I guess I have moved the Nav to the top to see what it looked then, but thats usually not a good place for your nav bar.

Danny
I had a look at your site, are you happy with the results or do you still need some help ?

kashanti
I'm gonna leave the header and nav alone for now, and get the rest of the frame work and structure up. I'm running into a few minor stuff that I have posted questions on.