Sign in to follow this  
johnlatham

Few tweaks on PlatformPro theme

johnlatham

hey, was wondering if anyone can help me with a few tweaks to the PlatformPro theme? Thanks, - In the style css, which part changes the padding above the branding top logo image? - And the top of page margin? - If I'm using the page style that encloses the page (has a separate background) how can I change the right and left margin sizes? - I want to take off the feature image bottom border. There seems to be a slight line underneath the images. I can amend css file, just need to know which specific parts are for my issues. Thank you for any help!

Rob
First, you should download and install [url="http://www.getfirebug.com"]Firebug for Firefox[/url]. This will show you the specific CSS for elements in your site so you can copy, edit and paste it. As for pasting it and amending CSS, changes go in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code in the CSS Rules section. If you provide a link to your site each time you post here in the forum, our moderators can also work with you to inspect elements and identify solutions. However, with Firebug, you will soon get accustomed to how it works and be able to fix things on your own. Please give us a link and we'll try to help!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

johnlatham
Thanks that's great! Just wondering now why my nav and box text have 2 different font sizes but the custom code inserted is as follows... .main_nav ul li {font-size: 12px;} .fboxtext {font-size: 12px;} www.johnlathamweddings.com

johnlatham
PS. also the fbox title is set at 12px but that too is a different size visually.. hmmm

catrina
Try using this for the box text size instead: [code]div.fboxtitle h3 {font-size: 12px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

johnlatham
Thanks, I'll try that. What about the nav bar? How do I set that to a correct 12px? And also the fboxtext? Thanks for the help!

Danny
Hi John, To make the Nav links 12px use the following code: [code]#primary-nav a {font-size: 12px;}[/code] Also the Boxes text is already 12px!

Please search our forums, before posting!

johnlatham
Thanks, I'll try that too shortly! May I ask for a screen shot which shows firebug locating 'div.fboxtitle h3' I could only find the code without the h3 therefor didnt include that / didnt know it had to be included / couldnt see it!

Danny
Hi John, http://i.imgur.com/tkL2U.jpg

johnlatham
Catrina, [code]div.fboxtitle h3 {font-size: 12px;}[/code] didn't seem to work.. But putting [code]#boxes h3 {font-size: 12px;}[/code] in the custom css did! Is that legitimate code? Quick Q, in the custom css bit, which needs to be used, a dot or a hash before the code?

Danny
Have a read of this tutorial, it should help you! http://www.tizag.com/cssT/cssid.php

johnlatham
Thanks, so . is used when its a class ie. few things of the same property? And # is used when its individual elements? Just depends on how they were set in the CSS I guess and that will obviously effect any changes needed to be made?

Jenny
You use "#" when it says id= and you use "." when it says class= The box code you have above looks good. :) you're just telling it to apply the css to the h3 tags in the boxes id.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

johnlatham
Random Q - In the custom css, whats the code to input text for my own personal reference? Is it /* Text Here */ ????

Rob
Yes it's just as you said [code]/* your text */[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jenny
If you need anything else, just let us know. If you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.