Sign in to follow this  
shriverj61

Can anyone help with a 3 column layout problem?

shriverj61
http://onedaywiser.net Maybe I just haven't figured it our yet, but I am trying to make a 3 column site where I can have one categories posts on the left, a different categories posts in the middle, and a third categories posts on the right hand side. I tried setting the site up in the layout editor to be SB1-Main Column-SB2 but that isn't working like I thought it would. Can anyone give me a heads up? I am using the Platform Pro 1.x version. Thanks in advance! J

catrina
I think the layout you want to achieve would be possible with a full-width main column layout without sidebars on either side. That way, you can use the entire main column to include three separate columns (all uniform width) using custom code. Does that make sense?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

shriverj61
Ok. You said using custom code. Is there a guide you can point me to that will help me with that? I am unfamiliar with php.(if that is the code you mean hehe)

catrina
I think it would be a mix of HTML and CSS (to get the layout looking the way you want). Are you using PlatformPro (and not the PageLines Framework)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

shriverj61
Yes I am using PlatformPro. Would you suggest I use the framework?

Rob
You may upgrade to the Framework (recommended) but I'd also suggest you look for a plugin at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins called "Boxer". This will allow you to create custom boxes within the content area. Be sure to read the setup instructions quite carefully to get the settings correct for each box you create. Include shortcode or text to include in the box to your heart's desire. Another great plugin that may help and coordinates nicely is Special Recent Posts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur