Sign in to follow this  
kashanti

Navigation colors

kashanti

On my site I'm really trying to change the color of the menu boxes when you hover over them. I've tried everything in Design control and cant seem to find the right way to do it. Currently its at the default color which this light gray color. I want it to be a contrast color to the blue background. How do I do this step by step. Which specific element controls the hover color. here is my site. kiaraashanti.com

blue522
WP-admin > Pagelines > Settings > custom code add #header #branding #primary-nav ul li a:hover {background: #YOURhexCODEhere; } then save

catrina
@blue522 Thanks for posting a solution @kashanti If that CSS fix doesn't work, please let us know

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kashanti
I placed the code in the CSS RULES spot like this #header #branding #primary-nav ul li a:hover {background:#97A9C8; }

Jenny
remove: [code]#header #branding #primary-nav ul li a:hover {background:#97A9C8; }[/code] add: [code]#primary-nav ul li a:hover { background-color: #97A9C8 !important; }[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kashanti
you are a goddess among men. the only other question I have now (it may be stupid since I know code like I know brain surgery) is if I have to customize anything else, the codes wont get mixed up right?

Danny
How do you mean Kashanti?

Please search our forums, before posting!

kashanti
I mean if I have to make other custom changes, like for instance. I was going to add the drop-down option on my menu. But when I did, it changed the nav colors to the same as the background, and I could not figure out to change it to a different color from the background. Near as I can tell they are the same element function. If that is true and I added code to the custom, it would not conflict with the other code right?

catrina
Yes, it shouldn't conflict with the code for the other background color since they're different elements.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Trying to remove the grey background hover and current item without any success. I have tried: #brandnav ul li a:hover { background: none; } But it does not work...I can change the color but not remove it, I have also tried transparent.

aeruiz
I am also having difficulties to find where can I erase the default hover of the Branding Navigation. Why is it that there is not an unique and specific css file or element that just deal with that, without maybe affecting other navigation across the site? PageLines team, We will really appreciate your effective support on this. Thank you so much.

Solved it, took me too long, they really need a better CSS setup for the nav styling. To remove hover bg color: [code].main-nav li:hover { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important; } [/code] To remove current item bg color: [code]#brandnav li a, #brandnav .nav-special { background-color: transparent !important; }[/code] Please see my "enhancement" suggestion here and comment in hopes of them fixing this issue: http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework/issues/12