Sign in to follow this  
blue522

Pagelines-less-css fires AFTER custom css

blue522

I'm working with PlatformPro v2 and was comfortable with v1, using custom css and custom hooks. Now I'm trying to override some CSS using the custom css field. It generally works, however somewhere around line 104 of the HTML there is a bunch of inline CSS that is generated after the custom CSS (around line 60), thus overriding it. I can't find any reference to it online yet. I'm hesitant to reorder within the PHP because that will defeat my ability to update. Any thoughts? Thank you.

blue522
Hi Catrina, Thanks for the response. No, this is NOT the custom code that I wrote in the box. My custom code is generated at line 60 of my final HTML output. Later, at line 104, I see the inline CSS pasted above. I cut and pasted as is...it is already compressed like that. It has a unique ID, one that I haven't come across before in over a year of using Pagelines. Thanks for pondering,

Jackey
@blue522 There is an easy way to inject custom css after that, I wrote this a while back and it still works with all pagelines themes: - Create a custom.css file in your child's theme directory - Add the following lines to your child's functions.php [code] add_action('wp_head', 'add_custom_stylesheet' , 999 ); function add_custom_stylesheet(){ ?>

Simon
The customize plugins css is loaded last if your using 2.0 ;)

blue522
Jackey & Pross are both right! Thank you both. Pross solution worked best for me with v2 - the child theme fires last. Tip to all modders - use the child theme instead of dropping custom code into the regular Pagelines "custom code" text box.

bxbmedia
The pagelines customize plugin adds the function to echo the css stylesheet link like so: [code]add_action( 'wp_head', 'load_child_style', 20 );[/code] It's probably easier for most people to do this without the plugin.

gl hf