Sign in to follow this  
kevinpaffrath

Footer Design Broke

kevinpaffrath

Hi folks, After installing minify, a lot of things messed up. So, I removed the plugin and many things fixed itself. However, my footer did not. I remember it having a black, normal and standard background with white text. Now it's a mess. How can I fix this? http://kevinpaffrath.com/ Thanks,

jburns
Well everything looks correct but I assume you are referring to the shadows from the text. Try going to Pagelines Color Control setting and mess with Body Background and Footer Text. You can also check "Disable Text Shadows." If all else fails there is the Restore to Default button at the bottom of that tab. Let me know if this helps.

kevinpaffrath
What does it look like for you? To me it definitely still looks messed up :(

Jenny
It looks like this for me on FF for Mac: http://i.imgur.com/qQGrR.png [img]http://i.imgur.com/qQGrR.png[/img]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kevinpaffrath
Right. That's how it looks for me, the black border has disappeared. I don't know how to get it back :(

Jenny
Where should the border be? Do you have any custom CSS code? If so, would you please paste it here using the "C" (code) tab in the comment window?

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kevinpaffrath
[quote]body{} #carousel .content ul li a span.list-title { display: block; font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; background-color: #f7f7f7; opacity: 1.0; position: relative; } .fcontent .ftitle { font-size: 1.3em !important } .fcontent .ftext { font-size: .8em !important } .banner_container .banner-title {font-size: 1.0em !important} .banner_container .banner-text {font-size: .8em !important} .banner-content { font-size:140%; } .media .bd { font-size:110%; } .icons {top: 140px !important;} .readerdefault h2 { font-size: 1.3em; } #searchmls {width:95%;height:875px; } #emailkevin { text-indent:-9999px; display:block; width:429px; height:193px; background: url(http://kevinpaffrath.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Contact-Ventura-Realtor-Kevin-Paffrath.png) 0 -193px; margin: 0 auto;} #emailkevin:hover { background-position: 0 0; } #subscribebutton { text-indent:-9999px; display:block; width:300px; height:32px; background: url(http://kevinpaffrath.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Subscribe-Button-Double.png) 0 0; margin: 0 auto;} #subscribebutton:hover { background-position: 0 -69px; } #dayinthelife {display: block; margin: 0 auto;} #homevaluation { display:block; width:500; margin: 0 auto;} .fboxtitle { text-align: center; font-size: 1.5em; margin: 0 0 .7em;} .readerheader { text-align: center; font-size: 1.5em; } #featurenav { font-size: 1.4em; } .fheading { font-size 1.6 } #mc_embed_signup input#mc-embedded-subscribe { background-color: green; color: #E00000; border-radius: 1000px; font-size: 150%; border: 1px solid black; margin: 0 auto; } #mc_embed_signup label { text-align: center !important; font-size: 22px !important; } #mc_embed_signup input#mce-EMAIL{ margin: 0 auto 10px; } #mc_embed_signup form { display: block; position: relative; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; } #secondnav li a { border: 1px solid; font-size: 160%; } .main_nav { font: 90% Georgia, serif; } ul.sf-menu li a { padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; border: 1px solid gray; } .navigation_wrap .main_nav { margin-right: 0; } .navigation_wrap .searchform {bottom: -210px; right: 675px; } #feature_slider { font-size: 140%; } .author-details {display: none; } dd { font-style:normal;} h1 { padding: 10px ; margin-top: 10px !important;} p { margin: 10px; margin-top: 10px !important; font-family: Times New Roman, san-serif; } .f1, .font1, body, .font1, .font-primary, .commentlist { font-family: Times New Roman,sans-serif !important; }[/quote]

kevinpaffrath
It was black with just normal white text. I am very much a novice at CSS ><

jburns
have u tried removing all the css to see if it fixes the issues?

kevinpaffrath
Yes. It doesn't :(

kastelic
Have you tried this? [code]#footer { background: black }[/code]

kevinpaffrath
That fixes the color, but now the next for all 3 elements and the titles is off and awkward. What could I do to fix that? Thx for your help

catrina
Try adding this CSS instead: [code]#footer {background: #000; color: #fff; text-shadow: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kevinpaffrath
Added and updated. Unfortunately, it only changes one of the elements. Titles and other widgets still have the font error. :(

Rob
Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Design Control (if using PlatformPro) and edit the Footer/Body Text Colors making sure that Footer Text Shadow Color is the same color as your background (black). Then, the shadow will vanish for all elements of your footer.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

kevinpaffrath
:-( I don't understand why this happened in the first place :-( Anyway, even if I change the text shadow color, it looks funky and abnormal.

Jenny
Try adding this to your custom CSS: #footer a, #footer .widget-title, #footer li h5 a { text-shadow: 0 0 0 !important; } That should get rid of all the text-shadow in the footer. Other than that, the font, or maybe the pure white color, makes it difficult to read. Follow @rangleone 's instructions above for the location to play with the text color.

kevinpaffrath
That did it. Thanks :)