Sign in to follow this  
mxhg

Localization failed

mxhg

Dear PageLines Team, I'm using PageLines Framework 2.01 on german WordPress. There are some things I would like to translate to german: "Tagged with:" "One Response to$ s" "Leave a Comment" I edited the de_DE.po with poEdit and saved it (them some error occurs from poEdit). I uploaded the new de_DE.po & de_DE.mo and the blog was english. I guess poEdit somehow destroyed the language files. Is there any other way to translate the files or is it possible to get translations correctly from PageLines? kind regards Max

Jackey
Hi Max, I have no problems editing the dutch po file... Can you give me the german translations of the three strings you want to change. I'll give it a go!

Jenny
Let us know how it goes jackey. Thanks for all your help on the PageLines forum. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

mxhg
Hi Jackey, thanks for the offer: "Tagged with:" - "Schlagw?¶rter: " "One Response to$ s""Ein Kommentar zu " (Here's something wrong with the $s string.. maybe you can correct it.) "Leave a Comment" (Kommentar schreiben) best wishes Max

Jackey
Hi Max, The problem with the po files that come with de Pagelines theme is that the header seems to be corrupt. (Jenny, can you forward that to development) [url="https://ftp.melisgs.nl/?u=npzE&p=D6Ek"]With this link[/url] you can download the corrected po & mo files. (german only ;) ) Gr????e, Jackey

Rob
Jackey, I just alerted the developers for this issue. Thank you for identifying it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mxhg
Thanks I downloaded the german po / mo files. The mentionted strings are working right now but the german umlauts are destroyed. "f????r" instead of "f??r" best wishes

Jackey
Are you using UTF-8 as character set? You should be able to edit the file with poedit now.

Danny
@mxhg, Do you require further assistance or is the issue now resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

krafit
I did a german translation (@mxhg auch die Umlaute funktionieren), better (native) than the one provided in Version 2.0.1 I wrote an email to the support (@Danny I think you replied, didn't you?) to offer this version to be included in the next update.

Danny
Yeah that was me! I'll try to find out what's the answer is and contact us.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mxhg
krafit could you send me the language files?

Jenny
@mxhg the best way to contact someone is to send a private message by clicking on their name. If they aren't subscribed for notifications in this thread, then they won't know you replied. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.