Sign in to follow this  
saltydisciple

Why does the Carousel show images beyond the placeholder?

saltydisciple

You can see the problem at www.luominen.fi at the bottom of the page I have a Carousel and it shows images even beyond the placeholder. This problem came up after updating to PageLines 2.0.1.

Danny
Hi Salty, So this was working fine before you updated to 2.0.1 ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

saltydisciple
Yep. :)

Danny
Hi Salty, Can you post your Carousel settings so I can try to re-create it please.

saltydisciple
Hi Danny! OK, here they are: Total Carousel Items - [i]20[/i] Displayed Carousel Items - [i]5[/i] Scrolled Carousel Items - [i]5[/i] Animation Speed of Scroll (milliseconds) - [i]1000[/i] Carousel Image/Link Mode (Carousel Page Template) - [i]NextGen Gallery[/i] NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode) - [i]1[/i] Then I have made modification to the [b]gallery-plcarousel.php[/b] I changed the [b]imageURL -> ngg_custom_fields["link"];[/b] as per instruction when using the [url="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery-custom-fields/faq/"]NGG Custom fields plugin.[/url] That's it :)

Jenny
Is the modification still there after update? It's possible that file was changed in 2.0.1 (I'm not sure, just suggesting).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

saltydisciple
Hi simple_mama! Yes, actually I had to rethink where to put the mod after the 2.0.1 update, since the mod was done to NGG's own [b]gallery.php[/b] when using 2.0.0. I'm not sure, but could it be that [b]gallery-plcarousel.php[/b] was added in 2.0.1 update?

Danny
Hi Salty, Is this now resolved ?

saltydisciple
Hi Danny, No, this has not been resolved. You can still see the problem at [url="www.luominen.fi"]www.luominen.fi[/url].

Danny
So is the code you added still there in gallery-plcarousel.php ?

saltydisciple
yes.

Danny
I'm going to try and re-create this issue, will take me some time to get it set up. However, I noticed that when I visit your site, the Google Chrome developer console shows you have 3 javascript errors, this may have no effect but I would probably disable your plug-ins and see if this resolved the issue. Let me know if this does anything.

saltydisciple
Indeed Danny you were right! I turned all the plugins off and then on one-by-one. And I found the one that was braking the Carousel. It was [b]shortcodes ultimate[/b] and I wasn't even using it on any page, it was just activated. If you are going to find out what is it with this plugin that brakes the Carousel, please let me know! The shortcodes ultimate plugin is quite useful :)