Sign in to follow this  
chrisleeforhawaii

How to fix ipad/iphone distortion?

chrisleeforhawaii

Hi all, so I've been souring forums and trying to figure this out for most of the morning, but I can't even find anyone who has had a similar problem - any help would be appreciated! Using the newest wordpress and pagelines updates, with mobile view turned off, I just want to display the normal website. My page content width is 1024, with a 1500x1177 scrolling background image that repeats horizontally. It works great in every browser except safari on the iphone/ipad. Safari shows the normal page content with links, images etc all in the right places, but the background image is slightly stretched wider and down the page. page%20explanation.jpg As you should be able to see here, the background should duplicate the header where the header sits, but it is stretched down, peeking out from under the header, and misaligned as it stretches down the rest of the page. (not just a padding issue as far as I can tell by the scale of the background) If I remove the ".content padding 0" in the css I put in to align the header, then the problem gets duplicated on all browsers. It's almost as if safari doesn't recognize that one command. the website is www.chrisleeforhawaii.com Anyone else have a similar problem?

catrina
I've never seen this issue before and I don't use either an iPad or an iPhone but perhaps someone else has insight (even if they may not have had the exact issue).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

marcel
Im having the same issue with a large full width background image on iPad. Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Jackey
iPad and iPhone scale the page-background to fit the screen. Regardless your background setting "Supersize the background image". This makes lining up page items with a background virtually impossible.