Sign in to follow this  
kevin369

PlatformPro is masking links (making them unclickable)

kevin369

I have inserted the leaderboard (the same type as 'rangelone's) on my site. (pls refer to this post) My branding logo is 40px high. The leaderboard is to the right and is 60px high... but I cannot click on the top 40px of the leaderboard ad (only the bottom 20px I can click on). It is as though the branding logo is masking everything to the right of it. If I go to 'rangelone's' site http://www.epicurus.com/blog/ I cannot click on his leaderboard ad at all. I think his branding logo is 84px high. There is a Facebook icon in the bottom right corner of the ad which I can click on but I cant click on the ad. The same problem happens when resizing the feature slider (pls refer to this post). There is no problem resizing the feature box. The problem is with the sidebar... I cannot click on any link in the top portion of the sidebar. What I mean is this. If the feature slider is 330px high then I cannot click on any link in the sidebar in the 330px high zone. It is as though the feature slider masks the clickable area. My site cannot be viewed as it is live (am using another theme until I sort this out) I am using Google Chrome.

catrina
The branding in the header is most likely covering the leaderboard, but I can't take a closer look at it if I don't have a live link to refer to (same with the feature slider issue). Did you mean that your site [i]isn't[/i] live?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kevin369
Hi Catrina, Yes, my site isn't live. However, if I visit [url="http://www.epicurus.com/blog/"]this site[/url] with the Chrome browser I cannot click on the leaderboard ad. This is the same problem that I am having with my site. The hook I used to place the leaderboard was 'pagelines_inside_top_branding' Using IE works fine... it's seems to be that Chrome is not working. My logo is only 108px w x 45px h. How can it cover the leaderboard?

Danny
Hi Kev, Can you post your code here please, so I can try another method on my local site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kevin369
Function.php [code]add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'google_leaderboard_ad'); function google_leaderboard_ad(){ ?>

Kate
It's just a simple z-index issue ;) Change your current CSS declaration to this: [code]div.leaderboard{float:right;position:relative;z-index:100;}[/code]