Sign in to follow this  
TAS

Category posts navigation stopped working

TAS

PageNavi suddenly stopped working on my category posts pages; it was fine a few weeks ago. The navigation appears correctly on page 1 of the category, but when I try to click one of the page numbers I receive the following message: "direct previewing of special post types not available yet." When I am logged out and try to navigate between pages, I get a 404. I have tried running both PageNavi versions 2.74 and 2.81 and I run into the same problem with both. I have also tried deactivating and deleting PageNavi completely and still run into the same issue with the standard previous/next entries links. I have not updated to WordPress 3.3. I have no idea what to do to fix this; does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jenny
Have you installed any plugins recently? WP-PageNavi does work fine with both PlatformPro and 2.0 so that's the only thing I can think of.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

TAS
No, no new plugins. I did install one plugin after installing PageNavi, but they worked together fine. I tried deactivating the second plugin anyway and it's still not working.

TAS
Figured out what was causing the problem -- I made a change to the structure of my permalinks. I reverted back and PageNavi is now working fine.