Sign in to follow this  
tolyt

Was watching the Youtube how-to-videos, is it strictly local?

tolyt

I have uploaded pagelines on my site. When I purchased pagelines I got 3 zip folders. 1)Pagelines 2)Platform base 3)Platform pro I have installed platform pro on my live site and it works fine, but I'm not able to install Platform base nor Pagelines zip files. When I try to upload them from my plugins folder and hit the activate button I get the error message saying "The plugin does not have a valid header". So far it looks like I'm building a site with only platform pro And the how-to videos are geared towards local building instead of live building. So this leads me to the following 2 questions. 1) What am I missing by not having Pagelines and Platform base installed? 2) What am I missing by not building my site locally? Here is my website btw www.ashu-africa.org

Simon
PlatformPro is a different theme, platformbase is a 'child' theme for platformpro. The pagelines zip is the framework 2.0 files. Use the wordpress theme installer.

tolyt
I did use the wordpress theme installer. When I try to upload them from my plugins folder and hit the activate button I get the error message saying "The plugin does not have a valid header". But platform pro is working fine. Is this good news? Do I not need to successfully upload platform base and pagelines.zip? Also the youtube video series named "PLET" are geared towards local host building. Am I right?

Danny
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but have you installed the pagelines.zip and platformbase.zip to your plug-in folder ? Also, the PLET videos are gear towards developers and most developers will create themes, sections and plug-ins locally first.

Please search our forums, before posting!