Sign in to follow this  
axura

Google Authorship

axura

Not sure if I've missed it done properly elsewhere, but for me to close the loop on Google Authorship, I had to: 1) Add my Google+ Profile URL in the Google Profile field in my user info 2) Add my blog among the various "other URLs" in my Google+ profile 3) Change the author page snippet adding a rel me: (this last I did like this in sections/postinfo/section.php):

<?php echo $curauth->display_name; ?>
							<?php	$google_profile = get_the_author_meta( 'google_profile', $author );
							if ( $google_profile ) {
								 echo ' | Authors Google Profile →';
								 } ?>[/code]

It's a small change, but if you could add it in the next releases, it might really help getting the Google Authorship done right very easily (1 and 2 don't require coding skills). Have a great 2012! - Alberto

Simon
I use this: [code]function yoast_allow_rel() { global $allowedtags; $allowedtags['a']['rel'] = array (); } add_action( 'wp_loaded', 'yoast_allow_rel' );[/code] No need to edit anything in FW 2.0 ;)

axura
Pross, yes, that's great as it allows the rel="me" to be written in a link to your profile in the bio or elsewhere, which serves the purpose if you put your bio in the author page (not a bad idea, actually!), but the bio part doesn't come default in the standard author page in platformpro, which only sports that "posts by" single line and the user still would need to figure out he has to add a link in his bio with the rel="me", which might not be that immediate if one is not deep in the topic. Instead, with the google profile extra info, it gets sorted out very quickly (yes, 1 and 2 still needed, plus the profile picture needs to be a "head / face " one) Tested the above through [url]http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets[/url] and it work'd out all right. I think it's a worthy addon, how about? Have a great year and thanks for the hard work! - Alberto