Sign in to follow this  
stefanoferruggiara

Possibile Conflict with Plugin

stefanoferruggiara

I installed a nice plugin that let me the possibility to set any kind ok nav menu with widget. Is called DropDown Menu widget.. but when i activate.. the dropdown menu appear cut.. and i can see the sub menu..

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

stefanoferruggiara
For let you see it go on my home page.. now is set in the more foot part of the page.. [url="http://www.coaching-formazione.info"]SITE CLICK HERE[/url]

Rob
Stefano, Happy New Year! It seems like a very nice plugin, but yes, it appears to have a conflict. However, I am unsure if the conflict is specifically because of PageLines or where you are placing it on the page. The plugin uses a table and within the table, the drop down elements will occur. When the menu is placed at the top of the page, the table is generated within the content area. At the bottom, when the plugin tries to create the table and expand it, the footer is blocking it because it's trying to go over a different section. Could you try an experiment and move the menu to someplace near the top of the page? I suspect that up there, the entire menu will show up - with no problems on the drop down. With no additional section directly below it, the menu should appear.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stefanoferruggiara
No my friend. I just move down for show to the forum the problem. The plugin dont work in every place. Work in different theme but no in pagelines framework o platform pro.. i dont test with iblog pro but work with standad theme of wp. What can i do?

Rob
Stefano, I downloaded the plugin and attempted to install it, placing it in a universal sidebar near the top of my site. Like yours, my menu was also cut off. I'm going to flag this question to a developer, however, I'd also urge you to write to the plugin developer. Perhaps he can provide some information about what's causing this problem. Since the test shows my original analysis was incorrect, there must be some other issue.

stefanoferruggiara
The first time I spoke about Pagelines i speak well and was even in the past 2 years .. now I looked for help .. someone whose name I do not say because I am a gentleman .. give suppor on the site for 50 dollar and left the job without finish what he say! I have now spent another 50 dollars for a new theme .. XXXX! any of you help me finish my site that I have spent more than $ 300 between one thing and another, and i also sell your theme to my friend.. this is not good and serious i think! I just download iblog 5 cause you say to me but is different the menu to iblog 4.. look.. tomorrow, or 7 hours between my site and instead must be ok with all these means advice that you give dont help someone that is not technical and more you loose client and reputation!

stefanoferruggiara
Sorry for the bad language to everyone.

Simon
Stefano, email hello@pagelines.com to open a support ticket. Not sure what the question is now? Are you still looking for help with a plugin? Please remember it is new years day ;)

stefanoferruggiara
I work also in new year day;) thanks.. i send email tomorrow

dagroove
Hi Stefano, did you get an answer to your question? Or did you find another nice menu widget without conflict? I have the same problem... Thank you so much for your answer

Rob
It was ultimately discovered that the plugin doesn't work. The plugin uses tables which cut off and no solution was found for that. We demonstrated to Stefano that he could use the existing menu differently, including the use of Secondary Navigation to refine navigation within a content grouping (like a category). Our menus can be easily restyled via CSS.

dagroove
Thanks a lot for your answer, the only problem for me is the design of the basic menus of pagelines (platform theme). Here is my site www.loptionbinaire.com. I would really like to easily restyle the menu via CSS but... easily + CSS in the same sentence don't work for me :) Maybe you have a link to a simple tutorial/forum post to restyle via CSS (easily)? Thank you so much

Rob
@dagroove Could you open a new topic with more specific information about your menu goals. We'll try to help you with that request.

Rob
@dagroove Could you open a new topic with more specific information about your menu goals. We'll try to help you with that request.