Sign in to follow this  
dfeller

Features Problems in PageLines Framework

dfeller

I am having one problem and one customization issue with Features in the new framework. My site is http://www.yummly.com/blog Problem: I cannot get any link button to show in the Feature area (either "More" or any customized text). The Features were originally set up with PageLines Platform Pro. I ried adding a new one as a test, but that didn't work either. Anyone seen this problem before? Customization Issue: I used to be able to get the whole image to be clickable while still showing text and a button using the following code. After changing the hoof, it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

add_action('pagelines_before_features','whole_link_image');
		function whole_link_image(){?>
			<?php global $post;?>
			<?php if(get_post_meta($post->ID, 'feature-link-url', true)):?>

<?php endif;?>
		<?php }[/code]

and

[code]a.whole_image_link { position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%; z-index:9999; left:0; /*Firefox fix*/ }

Rob
Some of the selectors have changed. I will flag this to a developer to determine the cause. Thanks for your patience during this holiday season. Happy New Year!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
2.0 already has a clickable background option for the features.

indakno
There are hundreds of issues with the feature section of this upgrade. I was told that there will be another upgrade to fix all the feature issues. For instance, you used to be able to control the features of each post on your landing page. You cant do that now even though they give you an option to do it. This "meta" section, although cool, does not have enough options to control the features section of each page on the landing page like it used to do. Whatever the case, I am sure someone with Pagelines knows what I'm talking about and being that this is a vital part of my site, I hope that they can fix it. If I am selecting features by post then I should be able to select the featured image by post (no avail in the upgrade), I should be able to control where the text is displayed also (not avail in the upgrade). I was a HUGE pagelines fan. I pray that this gets corrected soon. All other issues are user issues. This is a Pagelines issue.

indakno
Example (just in case you dont understand). www.indakno.com/atl is my site. Scroll to my feature section. If I can use the (Post Category), why am I not able to set the text to the bottom? There are no options on the post that is showing that gives me the ability to select the photo, control the text, or ANYTHING. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED...please. Also, if you select a post that is in more than one category, it stops the feature from moving, period. Please let this be a PRIORITY FIX Pagelines.

Simon
Using caps lock will not make things happen any faster. There was a thread from a few days ago with a similar problem to yours where you would have found that I have already made a fix for the text placement with a filter for post category mode. Also added default images for posts that don't have featured images. If you can't wait for .0.2 the just email me, I'm happy to send you the dev version of the section, but please be patient as I have the flu. Sorry to @dfeller that your thread was jacked.

Rob
@indakno, The topic you're bringing forth is really one that should have been opened separately as it is not at all the same as [b]dfeller[/b]'s. Please consider that when posting as it's rather unfair to other people to change topics. While yours is also about a feature slider, it's far from the same basic subject. To address your issue, I've looked at your site and I believe the problems come from the fact that your excerpt - the source of the subtext in the slider text area is way, way too long and bleeds over the text area. Please adjust the volume of text so that it is readable. The heading is also rather long, also occupying vast space. The modifications that Simon has pointed out will default the text area to the bottom of the feature. I recommended this to take advantage of the slider's CSS for that section of the slider which implements smaller fonts. This only apples to category mode, not to individually built sliders via [b]Dashboard > Features[/b]. The image in your slider showing up black probably results from a common error resulting when people don't read the [url="http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Use_the_Features_Section"]documentation[/url]. I've replied to several of these complaints in the past few months in which the user placed an image for the slider which was incorrectly sized. As a result, when too large for the slider's background area, it bumps out and fails to show. Simon wisely corrected this in his upgrade for the Category mode, allowing you to use the post featured image and allowing it to stretch to fit the space. Nonetheless, it would be rather improper to use an image which is vastly too large or too small. If the slider were 800px by 400px, using a feature image that is 200px square will make for one weird looking slider Hence I suggest using images that are proportional in scale. A feature image that is 400px by 200px will easily stretch to fit that canvas. The slider controls for manually created slides remain where they have been, with the exception of the global settings formerly located in the Dashboard in PlatformPro. Now, as you point out, there are settings on the individual pages. This was by popular demand. Everyone wanted greater access to control the sliders on a per-page basis rather than global settings. Since the actual slides can be created individually to any size you wish still via [b]Dashboard > Features > Add New Feature[/b], and you may still create as many feature sets as you please, the only real issue is which feature set you select and where or how you place it. Unfortunately, we cannot control how you or anyone else create the slides or place them. We can only give you the best tools, sound documentation and round-the-clock support. On a personal note, let me politely point out that we're the only company providing this sort of product that provides such professionally moderated support.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

indakno
Although I understand your point, it still doesnt address the real issue. It has nothing to do with the length of my except. In the previous version, that was never an issue. I never had to create features in the feature section for a post. I was able to upload a feature slide from the post itself and control how it was shown on the front page from the post, not from the feature section. SO although your comment may address others, it has NOTHING to do with my site. You must agree, the feature section is totally different from the previous version. Even when in category mode, it doesn't do what it did in the last version.

Simon
PLEASE open a new thread/question and stop hijacking other customers support.

indakno
I apologize for "thread jacking"? Another note, my CAPS are not for speaking louder. They are for visual emphasis. Thank you.

Jackey
You are wrong! CAPS is considered loud!

dfeller
@pross the option to make a clickable feature image disables the text & button from showing. am i missing something?

bshanahan
Was the original question answered? Is there a way in framework (2.x) to have a feature with text and the full feature be click-able?