Sign in to follow this  
mikeclouse

Feature image on multisite

mikeclouse

I use platform pro with multisite and when i attach a feature image to a post i would like it to be shared with the blog post network wide. Now the post and all images within the post will transfer to my other sites, but not the feature image? What I really want is a thumbnail to show with the post title on all posts & shared posts (I use excerpts with continue reading on posts) Hope this make sense...thank you. Mike.

Simon
How are you sharing a post across the network?

Rob
Mike, I apologize, but I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to achieve. Mind you, I don't use multisite, so this is not necessarily your description. Could you share a link to your site and one that demonstrates what's wrong, and yet another that show's how you want things to appear? Thanks and Happy New Year!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mikeclouse
Im sharing using the Multipost MU pligin.

Rob
Mike, I have bad news. It's not PageLines, but the plugin. It's outdated and incompatible with WordPress 3.3 Check http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multipost-mu/ and you'll see that more than half those citing whether it worked or not said it was broken. I think you need to find a replacement. I'm sure that there are many high quality substitutes. If not, let us know and we can try to hook you up with one of our pros.

mikeclouse
The plugin is working fine, I just can't get my feature image to transfer with the posts..?

Rob
Mike, the plugin may work under certain circumstances but be broken under others. There's a reason why people cite plugins as broken. Usually, it's because they don't work correctly. I'd suggest writing to the plugin author and asking him to update his product for WordPress 3.3.

mikeclouse
what about this, how can I have my most recent post show full content and then have blog excerpts of past posts below? This would allow me to bypass the feature image need all together. I can only see how to have all posts full or all post as excerpts..am I missing something? Thank you.

Rob
No. You're not missing anything but there's a trick to this. WordPress cannot distinguish the excerpts from one post to the next in terms of how they're viewed on a blog page. But, that doesn't mean you cannot dupe WordPress into showing exactly what you want. Unfortunately, this is a bit labor intensive and the reason magazine sites require lots of effort. In your latest post, just copy the entire post into the excerpt field in the post editor. When you write a new post, you have to manually edit the excerpt of the last post so that you go back to a normal size excerpt. Isn't there an alternative plugin you could use in place of that one? With all the multisite developers working, it would seem someone has done a plugin like this recently. In the long run, changing the plugin will be much easier than doing all that editing.