Sign in to follow this  
Pankaj32

My site is showing bigger text and images on google chrome?

Pankaj32

Hello, I am not sure whats causing this, I looked up previous entries on the forum for a similar issue but couldn't find any information except for a mention of some kind of "html markup" issue. Can someone please take a look and let me know how to fix this. The site is showing alright on mozilla firefox, there is a little glitch on explorer on the blog set but the text font is not as huge as it is coming up on chrome.. url delhirealestateblog.com

Simon
You have 'pen Estates - Anything and Everything of Delhi NCR real estate News.' in the HEAD of the document. Its severely breaking the HTML http://validator.w3.org/

Pankaj32
Okay - I've deleted that one liner, but its still showing bigger text on chrome. I looked up the site on the url you mentioned above, I can understand that there is some error but any thing more that is a different language (html, css) for me. Anything else I need to take off, apparently I had no problem with that one liner until today.

Pankaj32
I just noticed a link at the bottom right corner of the site http://www.iwebix.de/, looks like a web design company, can you tell where did this come from?

Simon
Probably a plugin trying to advertise itself.

Pankaj32
Thanks, I have deactivated any fancy plugin that were installed and now have site running on bare essentials. Do you have any other idea about what might be causing this? I never saw that thing on there. The site is even more broken now, also on explorer, any suggestion on my main issue of huge font please?

Pankaj32
Hi, Am I supposed to paste the code generated by "Clean up Markup with HTML-Tidy" at http://validator.w3.org/ somewhere on the admin panel? If yes, can someone pls tell me where? About the link at the bottom, Is this some kind of a hack? I see the same link down at the bottom on the html generated by HTML TIDY

Slider by webdesign

Please advise... only plug that I installed lately is yahoo status, and wp smush it. Am I dealing with some kind of a hack here?

Rob
Hi, I just looked and it seems fine. Have you checked in Chrome's tools under Zoom to see if the zoom is set to something over 100%? This, if larger than 100%, could cause the text to wrap making your site look broken.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Pankaj32
Thanks Rangelone, you are a life saver man! It was set at 144%!! I still have the bottom right link issue though! Any suggestion on that pls?

Pankaj32
Hi @rangelone @pross, On second thought, I am curious why is it showing those errors when I run the site through http://validator.w3.org/ Is this something that needs to be fixed or I can live with it? The site is still pretty much broken on explorer, for example I can't see all the drop down menus the layout is asymmetrical.. Even though, its looking okay on chrome after I reduced the zoom to 100% but things are not adding up n other platforms like explorer.. Hope I am not stretching it too far..

Rob
What plugin comes from iwebix.de? Do you need that plugin? Can you replace it with something else? Do they have an option to pay them to remove their footer? Meanwhile, I'm checking out your site in other browsers.

Rob
Checked it in IE9, looks exactly the same as Chrome. Perfect match. Same with Firefox 9. The only other issue I noticed was that in the footer you misspelled "inventory". If you're referring to the layout of your posts in the columns, that may be the result of not having thumbnails. Try adding a feature image to each post and they will all align identically.

Pankaj32
Thanks for looking into it. So, you're saying, just ignore the error report at http://validator.w3.org/ I have no clue where that link is coming from? I am pretty sure whatever it is I can live without it. I will try an deactivate the remaining plug ins one at a time and see if any of those is behind it..

Rob
Click the link and find out what products that company produces. I searched Wordpress.org and they produce newstickers and sliders and slideshows. According to their site, they also deal with SEO and graphic design. This should give you an idea which plugin it could be. Also, if you go to Dashboard > Plugins you should see who produced your plugins in the fine print.

Pankaj32
You were right it had to do with slide shows etc and I just found this spooky little guy, it was a plugin I wasn't using but was installed, "WP Content Slideshow" Thanks & Happy New Year!