Sign in to follow this  
elijahworkz

register_tab() error

elijahworkz

I started to get an error Fatal error: Call to a member function register_tab() on a non-object in /home/ilya/Projects/sites/wordpress/wp-content/themes/platformpro/sections/section.soapbox.php on line 124 I haven't done anything to the site. It just appeared. I've manually switched to a different theme and tried to upgrade everything but the error appears as soon as I switch to Platform theme.

elijahworkz
I develop it first on localhost. Just uzipped and made sure all the permissions were correct. The fact is I already worked with it for a while. Then I was on break and today when I got back to it it gave me this error. I looked at the code and there's a global variable $boxes_meta_panel that should be an object but is not declared anywhere else. I tnink that's what gives the error but I'm not sure why it didn't before.

Rob
I'm unfamiliar with what could cause this and will flag this to one of our developers for you. Please be patient while we try to replicate it. Happy New Year!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Are you absolutely sure you uploaded the whole theme package? Looks like some core files could be missing.

elijahworkz
i just tried to reupload the theme. Still the same error. As I said before - I've already used the theme before. I checked the code and the problem is definitely that the object to which function register_tab() belongs to is not created anywhere in that code. I compared it to the other files section.boxes.php and section.banners.php which use the same function and there the code is different. The same code that in soapboxes file is commented out. I double checked the file from the zipped archive and it is the same there. Why it wasn't a problem before I don't know.

elijahworkz
Ok, so I manually deleted all the old platform files and uploaded new and it started to work again. I'm still baffled as to why this happened but it works now. Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

Rob
Happy New Year! We're happy you were able to fix the problem.

Rob
Happy New Year! We're happy you were able to fix the problem.