Sign in to follow this  
meanmcbean

Center the Secondary Navigation?

meanmcbean

Hi, can someone help me center the Secondary Navigation on my site (at the bottom before the universal widget), if it's possible on Platform Pro? Thanks. Here is my link... http://tooleyforstaterep.com/

Rob
For some strange reason, we haven't been able to figure out a way to perfectly do this, but because there are so many variables with the secondary navigation menu, it's very tough to achieve. Keep in mind that some people have very short lists of secondary menu items, while others have such long ones that the links wrap on two or more lines. We can easily float it left or right, or move it up or down, but centering has been a problem. Here's the core reason. If you set CSS to broadly cover centering the secondary nav on your site, the method is essentially setting the width of the element, then adjusting the left margin. Fine if you have only one static secondary navigation. However, if you have more than one secondary nav (and most do), then the settings must change and you have to write custom code for each page on which the secondary menus will appear. If aligning them right will do for you (as many have done) the code is: [code]#secondnav .content-pad { float:right; }[/code] Unfortunately float:center doesn't work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur