Sign in to follow this  
inteliport

Question on Video Gallery using Boxes or SoapBoxes

inteliport

What's the best method to use boxes or soapboxes, to have to a lightbox effect gallery of videos. I have a page with feature enabled and would like to have video boxes below that, which would deploy a lightbox effect when clicked. I followed several instructions on the site, used different plugins but none seem to work. Is it better to use a plugin or is there a built in feature of the 2.0 framework to get this result. - Cheers and Happy New Year

Rob
Hi, Please provide a link to your site. Meanwhile, because of the lightbox request, I don't think that either boxes or soapboxes would be your best solution. Rather, I'd suggest looking for a popular, up-to-date video gallery plugin that can create the boxes you need which include the videos and popup to play them. There are several dozen at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins Make sure you check for compatibility, and if anyone's reporting the plugin as broken.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

inteliport
Thanks for your reply. I have seen your suggestion to use a video gallery plugin mentioned before on the forum. In the meantime I will follow your suggestion and locate one that will work correctly, and then build something more specific to work within the framework. Thanks gain and Happy New Year