Sign in to follow this  
irmscher

Drop down menus don't work with wordpress 3.3

irmscher

Weird but drop down menus don't work anymore for parent pages... I've checked the settings and everything is set up properly as it was when it was working fine (missed the point when drop downs have disappeared from my main menu...) Please help, thanks.

irmscher
it's an old Platform PRO so I guess it's PlatformPro 1.5.3 as I got it this summer...

Rob
Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus. Make sure the hierarchy of your menu includes indented menu items (for the children and grandchildren items). Then, make sure that the primary menu you created is selected under Theme Locations. Save. See if the menu returns to the way you want it. Thanks. Let us know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

irmscher
Nope, it doesn't work! I've placed all the page boxes properly (wp-admin/nav-menus.php) so that parent pages take top-left position from those child pages ( the margin for child pages is shifted to the right slightly) but there's still no drop-down effect on my website... I've also tried to enable/disable drop-down menu options in my PlatformPro settings, nothing helps..

korpiri
Similar problem here as well, all of a sudden the dropdown menus stopped working. They did so before updating to wordpress 3.3. I've tried disabling plugins one by one, but that does not help. I have also tried creating the menu from a scratch, the problem remains. Really annoying. My site is http://www.gaudeamus.fi/ I'm building another site on the same server using wp 3.3 and the new PageLines Framework. Submenus work just fine.

Simon
You are trying to minify already minified javascript, and it isnt working. http://www.lukuliike.fi/gaudeamus/wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/min/?f=wp-includes/js/prototype.js,wp-includes/js/scriptaculous/wp-scriptaculous.js,wp-includes/js/scriptaculous/effects.js,wp-content/plugins/lightbox-2/lightbox.js,wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js,wp-content/plugins/ajax-contact/js/ajax-contact.js,wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.min.js,wp-content/plugins/mailchimp//js/datepicker.js,wp-content/plugins/custom-contact-forms/js/custom-contact-forms-datepicker.js,wp-content/plugins/custom-contact-forms/js/jquery.tools.min.js,wp-content/plugins/custom-contact-forms/js/custom-contact-forms.js&b=gaudeamus&m=0

Simon
If you give us a link i can have a look.

korpiri
Thanks, pross! Apologies irmscher, I thought we had the same problem.