Sign in to follow this  
xtrme

sub menu moving to 3rd row on one page only

xtrme

All sub menus display on 2 rows on the volume pricing section except "volume metallic" which forces 2 of the sub menus to a third row even though there is plenty of room on the second row http://www.xtrme.com/volume-pricing/

Danny
Hi, In the code below change the margin, so instead of this: [code]#secondnav li.current_page_item a { padding: 0px 8px; background: #888; margin: 0 8px; color: white; text-shadow: black 0 -1px 0; }[/code] You have this: [code]#secondnav li.current_page_item a { padding: 0px 8px; background: #888; margin: 0 0px; color: white; text-shadow: black 0 -1px 0; }[/code] That should do the trick.

Please search our forums, before posting!

xtrme
It displays in most browsers but not in Firefox (Mac and Pc) and in Explorer the css has been ignored for only that sub-menu. It displays as a list.

catrina
On Firefox for Mac the submenu is only two rows. Can you re-check if it works on Firefox for PC?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xtrme
You're right, Firefox for Mac is ok now. Still doesn't work in Firefox for PC

catrina
Try adding this CSS: [code]#secondnav li.current_page_item a { padding: 0px 4px; background: #888; margin: 0 4px; color: white; text-shadow: black 0 -1px 0;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

xtrme
still no good on Firefox PC. And, on Explorer when you click on the sub menus under volume pricing, they display as a list instead of a horizontal menu. These issues did not exist with PlatformPro. Any idea what happened? The amount of code I've had to add just to try to fix a simple menu is becoming ridiculuous

catrina
Try taking out the word "Volume" from each of the submenu items to see if the problem persists.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

xtrme
Not an option. I need my customers to be able to distinguish the 2 different kinds of pricing. That definitely wouldn't help the Explorer issue anyway. Once again, there is no problem if I switch back to PlatformPro so the problem is with Framework. Released too soon I think. This is the kind of testing that needs to happen with a beta version.

Rob
I don't believe Catrina was saying you MUST leave the word Volume out permanently. She's asking you to remove it from the secondary nav items so that we can test. I believe you have a rogue non-breaking space in there somewhere and suggest, strongly, that you remove the word "Volume " from each of those items. As a result, we will see the wrapping change, this will demonstrate whether there's something causing a line break not visible in the source code or via Firebug. You are certainly free to add the word back once we've tested this. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
As you're rejecting this test, I'm flagging this to a developer. Please be patient until someone responds. Thank you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

xtrme
So, I did the renaming and of course now there is only one row of sub menus. Not exactly the fix I was looking for. It looks like the only way to get my site to perform the same way as it did in PlatformPro is to give up on Framework and go back to PlatformPro. I've had enough beta testing. Frustrated? Yes!

Jenny
I wish I could help you with this but I can't even see the issue as I have a Mac. Be assured though that the developers are aware of this forum thread and will respond as soon as they can.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Simon
Add to the bottom of your custom css [code]#secondnav li a { display: block; padding: 2px 4px; }[/code]