Sign in to follow this  
chasenet

Remove meta titles under homepage headlines

chasenet

On the homepage here http://www.englishstandard.co/ I'd like to remove the meta stuff (date, author) from underneath the article headlines but have it in place on the actual article page. I experimented with the blog and posts options in settings but have not manged to achieve what I wanted. As ever, any assistance much appreciated

Rob
When you say you experimented with Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blogs and Posts, what exactly did you do? Delete the options for the meta data (Best practice is to copy those settings to a separate text file).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chasenet
Yeah deleted the settings already there and the saved to check the front end. Didn't work so pasted the original settings back in. I've just had another go. I removed "On [post_date] By [post_author_posts_link] [post_edit]" from "Configure Clip Metabar" and saved and nothing changed on the homepage. Then I tried putting a non breaking space ( )into the "Configure Clip Metabar" and saved and the meta I wanted vanished is vanished. It looks like that leaving it blank doesn't work. If at all possible I'd like to close up the white gap between the heading and the story that's now there - is there a way to do that without affecting actual post pages?

Danny
Hi, Add this to your CSS Rules, this should remove the white space for you! [code].metabar {display: none;}[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

chasenet
All that does is completely hide the metabar on the main story pages - I need the metabar on the main pages to stay normal i.e. to display author date etc. It doesn't remove the white space on the homepage either...

catrina
Please remove the previous CSS code you added and add this code instead: [code]body.home div.metabar {display: none;} body.home aside.post-excerpt {margin-top: -5px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

chasenet
Thanks - certainly getting there now... However, there's still a little too much white space on the homepage between heading and excerpt. I've reduced it to the perfect spacing by using [code] body.home div.metabar {display: none;} body.home aside.post-excerpt {margin-top: -20px;}[/code] But something strange is happening on the fourth story (Unofficial rules of Englishness ??“ An Englishman??™s home) on the homepage the excerpt now overlaps onto the heading. I see no reason why this should be any different to the others - can you?

Rob
May I make a suggestion to fix the excerpt overlap? If you don't have a feature image to go with the post, try creating a transparent image of about 300px square. Upload it as a feature image and it will re-align the excerpt the same way posts that have regular feature images. It's a rather odd solution, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chasenet
Ah I didn't realise that was caused by the lack of feature image. I can make sure there's always one there. So that's the spacing and the meta sorted - thanks for your help. ASh